Monday, October 7, 2013

day 7 - small: surprises [and a weekend recap]




This is a fun one. Surprises! Isn't it fun to be intentional about little surprises in life? Some surprises take planning, but some don't. Let's remember to add surprises to the lives of others in order to bring unexpected joy. :)


This weekend my husband and I drove to Mount Airy, NC. I love that place (and Mark does too!). I call it "my adopted hometown." Mayberry is a down-home small town with the friendliest people, Blue Ridge mountain views, the loveliest little downtown, and some of our very best friends live/are from there. It's hands down one of my favorite places to go!! 

Anyway, we went for a surprise birthday party for our friend, Lizzie. Sometimes birthday parties are more exciting when they're a surprise! (Side note/back story: Lizzie is my best friend from summer camp. Before we went to college, she introduced me to her best friend in the world--since the womb, basically!--Nicole. Of course, Nicole became my college BFF, and the rest is history! I am so thankful for both of them...their friendship with each other is what I want my kids to experience one day. Being best friends for your whole life is a very special and rare treasure.)

On to the surprise...!

Photo by Birdy Johnson Photography
Surprise!

Photo by Birdy Johnson Photography
 Everyone at the Moody's house!

We had the best time celebrating Liz. Happy 27th, Lizzie!!! 

The next day, we had a little impromptu photo session with Lizzie's sister (and my friend!), Anna (AKA "Bird!"). The pictures are too cute/hilarious not to share...

Photo by Birdy Johnson Photography
Amelia and her best boyfriends...Jake and Wally!
These 3 really love each other. It's precious. Wally and Jake love their TinyTina!

Photo by Birdy Johnson Photography
Pup on a pumpkin?! Aaaaaaaaa! 
Now imagine what we'll make our children do one day...ha!

Photo by Birdy Johnson Photography
Tina told Jake something funny...

Photo by Birdy Johnson Photography
The Houston Family
 
Photo by Birdy Johnson Photography
The Morrison Family

Lizzie always goes all out decorating for the seasons. Didn't she do a great job on their porch?! It looks sooo good! 

Okay, last thing (if you've made it this far! I love pictures. Always have. Can't help it.)! I wanted to add one last thing about being intentional with surprises. Remember how I mentioned that they don't have to be super-planned or detailed?! Try a note in a lunchbox for your kids or spouse. As a teacher, I LOVED seeing my students' faces light up when mommy wrote "I LOVE YOU! Have a great day!" on a paper napkin.

I added some extra "cheese" to Marky's pizza last week. ;)

It's the little things! ;)

Are there little surprises you intertwine into your everyday life?! Tell me more! I want to keep being intentional about surprises. :)
post signature

25 comments:

  1. How fun!!! These pictures are so cute and so perfect! What an exciting weekend! And its so sweet how close you are with your girlfriends. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks diana!! it was an exciting weekend indeed. :) thanks for the sweet words. my besties are so, so special and dear to me!! i am forever fiercely loyal to these ladies!!!

      Delete
  2. The puppies are so cute! Great pictures!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great weekend you had! I love how festive the photos are with all the pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) thanks sarah!!! it was a great time indeed! xx

      Delete
  4. So fun! Good girlfriends are so important!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ELISE! OMG...I LOVE suprises! They NEVER get old. Im glad there is someone else out there that gets it! Thanks for sharing and let me know what you think about the nachos! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So fun! And I love the mums and pumpkins. Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your gray dress with the peace sign! So cute! And surprises, yes pls!!!

    xo,
    Mariya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeeeeee thanks doll! i love it too!!! bought it on a black friday...if only i could afford wildfox couture on the reg!!! ;)
      xx

      Delete
  8. How fun, you look beautiful in all your photos! I love the pictures of all the pups!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lauren!!! the pups all stole my heart in those pics! ;)
      xx

      Delete
  9. eeek finally following your blog : )

    love it, and what a beautiful bride you were : )

    the pups are dolls! love! good surprises!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Kae! You are so sweet!!! Appreciate it, love! YAY! xx

      Delete
  10. I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! You can check it out on my last blog post if you like! I love your blog!

    http://agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com/2013/10/date-night-and-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness!!! Now, speaking of surprises...THAT was a fun surprise! Eeeee! Thanks doll!!! Seriously...what a fun, thoughtful surprise!!! Popping on over to your post right now! Eeeeee! :) :) :)

      xx
      elise

      Delete
    2. You deserved it, I love your posts!

      Delete
  11. love a good surprise party :) the family photos on the front porch are so cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds super fun! Great pictures of you guys! Love the Fall porch with the pups too :)

    ReplyDelete