Sunday, October 13, 2013

day 12 - big: fruits of the spirit

 
31 Days Index
 
 "Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealous, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these.  I warm you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self control; against such things there is no law. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires."
Galatians 5:19-24

What a convicting reminder and challenge! Daily we must be intentional about dying to our flesh and choosing to live by the Spirit instead. 
 
Source
I choose to be intentional about living by these fruits of the Spirit. I choose daily to die to myself and live a new life in Christ. I choose...
joy. 
love.
peace.
patience.
kindness.
goodness.
faithfulness.
gentleness.
self control.

Though I mess up daily...multiple times...tons of times every day...I am free because of Jesus. I live in His freedom. His Spirit lives in me!! Through His grace and mercy,  I live to produce His fruits. Life is better that way...with Christ. :)
 
By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.  
As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love.  
John 15:8-9 

Source
Happy Sunday, sweet friends!! Sorry this post is a day late! :)
 
post signature
 

6 comments:

  1. Love this! I really enjoy reflecting on the fruits of the spirit, I think they are the perfect balance of specific traits but still open to some debate/personal interpretation because we don't all find love & joy in the same places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i reflect on them all the time too!!! :) and often find myself praying for more of one (or more) of them that i feel like i'm lacking at any given moment. gentleness has been a battle for me lately!!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Such a good post for this Sunday. Thanks so much for sharing!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks dollface. i appreciate your encouragement so much!!!! :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. This is such a great encouragement! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) of course, girlie! giving the glory back to God!!!
      xx

      Delete