Friday, October 11, 2013

day 11 - small: your personal style [5 on Friday!]

31 Days Index
As silly as this sounds (compared to the more important things there are to be intentional about!), I am intentional about my style. I want it to reflect my personality and the things I love. So for moi, those things are God (yes, I do try to honor Him in what I wear!), neutral tones (as you will see below...though I do love some hot pink in my life here and there), NOT spending tons of moo-lah, and some funkiness.

Fall is in the air! And it really has been coldish here in Wilmington all week. Brr! But that has made me super excited to pull out the fall clothes. Leggings + sweaters + boots are the comfiest things to wear while still looking like you put some effort into making yourself look presentable. In fact...I think the leggings/sweater/boots combo is to fall what a maxi dress is to summer. Zero effort. 100% comfort. And you still look cute. Woo! Winning.

Without further ado...my current favey faves in fall fashion...5 on Friday style!


Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Cheers to the lovely lady creators of this 5 on Friday link-up (hiii Darci, April, Christina, and Natasha!)!!


OLD NAVY EMBELLISHED-RAGLAN SWEATSHIRT
When I bought this at the good ol' Old Naves, the dressing room attendant definitely commented on how much heather gray I brought back to the room with me. Sorry I'm not sorry I love wearing heather gray. But seriously, a SWEATSHIRT that looks this cute and fun?! Yes, please! P.S. It's on sale right now for $17 and comes in other colors/styles of embellished fanciness!! You're welcome. ;)

Find it here!
OLD NAVY PULL-ON PONTE-KNIT PANTS
I know they look like any old regular pair of black skinnies. BUT, if you love wearing leggings (like me) but don't want them to be sheer/also don't want them to be lined with microfleece...these are going to be your new bff. They're more like pants then leggings. Thick! Except no zipper or button. You're hitting the legging jackpot with these, friends.

Find them here!
FREE PEOPLE VIVA MARIA SWEATER JACKET
If I could fill up my dream closet with one designer (and money were no object), I would choose Free People. I love their stuff. And though it's a little pricier than I like to buy, I snag it when Belk has those ridiculous sales, OR, like, right now...when this perfecto fall sweater is on sale from $148 to $39.95. That's how I roll. You're welcome (again).

Find it here!
Source

TARGET MOSSIMO V-NECK PONTE DRESS w/ FAUX LEATHER
I snagged this little ditty for my sister's upcoming engagement party. A cocktail dress? For under $30? Again, that's how I roll. I definitely took selfies in the Target dressing room to text to my mom and sissy to make sure it wasn't too good to be true. And it wasn't. Even my stylin' NYC-livin' sista (and permanant fashion consultant) said it's cocktail party worthy!

Find it here!

Source

TARGET MOSSIMO KHLOE BLANKET TOPPED TROOPER BOOT in COGNAC
If you follow me on insta, you already got a little preview of these. I toyed with whether or not I could pull them off, but with a little encouragement from the hubby (who likes them lots), I bought 'em. I figured they must remind him of English fashion?! People over there wear boots like this more than Americans do, I think. I like them better in real life than I do from Target's online picture... just so you know. :)

Find them here!

Source

So that's my style. And it must be very "me" because my girlfriends are really good at pointing out clothes and titling then as very "Elise." They always hit the nail on the head with what I like! :) How are you intentional about reflecting your style?! I'm interested!!

Happy Friday, y'all! Woop woop WEEKEND!
post signature

73 comments:

  1. I love that dress and the leather details!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eee! thanks becky! me too...the leather is my favorite part! xx

      Delete
  2. Love that Target dress!! I've been so impressed by their dresses this fall! I think I might need to snag a pair of those pants too! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME! i took like 8 different cute ones into the dressing room with me!! and, girl, get the pants. they're AWESOME.

      xx
      elise

      Delete
  3. I also have that embellished sweatshirt from Old Navy but in black! LOVE it!! Also love that Free People sweater.. what a great price! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! glad you already have it. couldn't resist the cute plus comfort. happy weekend, love! xx

      Delete
  4. I have the ponte pants from Gap and I liiiiiiiive in them. They are so perfect! Definitely going to check out those embellished sweatshirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SO GLAD YOU AGREE!!!! they seriously are liveable. obbbbbsessed with them. :)
      xx
      elise

      Delete
  5. Loved everything about this! I have to admit I did venture over to FP to check out this sweater!! And will definitely be checking out Target in the next few days as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, loving that Target Mossimo leather dress! Yes please!

    Happy Friday, Elise!

    xo, Zelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. seriously, right?! so cute. and fierce at the same time?!! ha! happy friday right back to ya, pretty lady!!!
      xx
      elise

      Delete
  7. Cute clothes lady! I love that Old Navy sweatshirt! I wear a lot of neutrals too, heather grey being one of my favs! Tell the sales lady to shut it! Those Target boots are adorable and that dress is too! Target's really stepped it up lately! Awesome deal on the Free People sweater! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are the cutest. thanks doll! heather gray all the way! happy, happy weekend, pretty!!!
      xx
      elise

      Delete
  8. We could def share closets ;) Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. iiiiii would love that. one of my girlfriends and i were texting last night about how we miss sharing closets with 385901 girls like in college!!!! xx

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. thanks doll!!...me too. just started following your bloggity blog. YAY! happy friday, babe!

      xx
      elise

      Delete
  10. Loving that Target dress! It needs to be mine - such a good find :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eee! Yes! Couldn't agree more. Get on that!! ;) xx

      Delete
  11. Love that Target dress! Saw the boots at Target and seriously considered them until I realized I had no idea how to pull them off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still convincing myself that I can pull em off!! ;) so you can too! xx

      Delete
  12. I love love love all of those clothes, I have fall shopping fever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too love! I'm usually not a big clothes shopper. Couldn't resist these though!!! :) xx

      Delete
  13. Oh my - those boots are too fun! I might have to check them out this weekend! Love that sweatshirt too:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of the great finds at such awesome prices. Old Navy has been my go-to lately and that sweatshirt just may have to be my next purchase!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always an old navy fan!!! one of my faves :)
      xx

      Delete
  15. Love that Old Navy has some great embellished sweaters and sweatshirts this year....they are too cute? And inexpensive...hello!??!? You have to buy them!

    Also loving that Target cocktail dress...may have to pick up one for myself - would be perfect for work.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. exactly!! and pick up that dress for yourself, girlfriend!! :) happy, happy weekend! xx

      Delete
  16. Those boots are adorable! I love the way you have them folded down. Love your style :) Cute, cute, CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks sugar! i certainly appreciate that. happy weekend, love! xx

      Delete
  17. Found you from the linkup. Such cute things, that ON sweatshirt is calling my name! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!!! popped over to your blog earlier too :) :) get yourself that sweatshirt, doll! happy weekend!!!! xx

      Delete
  18. Love the boots! seriously a great price.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You definitely aren't helping my online shopping addiction! I want ALL of this stuff, and I'm pretty sure that I'll be buying them today. So thanks! ;) Oh, and let's share closets. Want to move to Southern California anytime soon??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so cal??! aaaahhh in my dream world!!!!! aaaaamzing!!!!!!!!! jealous.

      Delete
  20. I recognize that Anthropologie mug - my college roommate gave me an "L" one & it's one of my favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. All so cute! Especially love the sweater jacket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love those sweaters and boots!
    so adobs!
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for stopping by:) love those boots and that anthro mug too! It's a fav mug of mine. Holds lots of coffee! Can't wait to keep up with your blog and learn a little more about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay!!! gotta love ANYTHING anthro. it's just the best ;)
      happy, happy sunday! hope your weekend has been so lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  24. I am just loving Target this Fall too! I hope yo have a great weekend!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you too, cutie!! hope you've had SUCH a good weekend :)
      xx

      Delete
  25. I just read through a bunch of your posts and I am seriously excited to follow along! We definitely have a lot in common! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i couldn't agree more...lots in common! love it!!!
      xx

      Delete
  26. I'll take one of each, please! :) But really, those Gap skinnies look like a must-have for the fall and winter! Going to check them out now!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they definitely are!!! a must have for sure ;)
      hope you had such a lovely weekend, vanessa!!!!
      xx

      Delete
  27. I recently ordered a few embellished tops from Old Navy---love that sweatshirt!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooo I LOVE that sweater from Free People and the price is even better!! :) I must go and check out our Belk to see if I can find it! I also love those boots! They look super comfy and stylish- win win there!! Looking forward to following!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY! hope you find it!!! :)
      can't wait to follow along with you as well, girl!
      happy sunday!
      xx

      Delete
  29. Love Love LOVE those boots!! And love the picture with the coffee.. very cozy feel :)

    sundropsandrainflowers.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love that sweat shirt! Make me wish it was colder here already.... it's still close to the 90s some days. Beautiful playing outside weather in the 80s but not so much for long sleeves and sweaters/sweatshirts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha...i haven't been able to wear it here quite yet either. soon enough though!!! :)
      xx

      Delete
  31. I love {seriously} everything you posted, and I have been wondering what my necessities were for fall forever now! It's basically everything you named! And that LBD- I love the leather! It's so easy to throw into a shirt and change up a whole outfit to daring. Thanks for the inspiration...Hope you have a relaxing Saturday!

    Majda | www.classystateofmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eeee! your are the sweetest!!! thanks girlfriend!
      happy sunday!!! :) :)
      xx
      elise

      Delete
  32. I need to get to Old Navy immediately and get both of those goodies! I love the Target boots so much too (although I'm not totally sure I could pull them off myself.) Such awesome finds! Have a fabulous weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can rock 'em for sure! i'm still convincing myself that i can...WHILE i wear them ;)
      xx

      Delete
  33. I LOVE the Target leather dress! That is so cute and you can't beat the price! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes!! absolutely! you are welcome and thank YOU for stopping by! yay!!
      xx

      Delete
  34. You are not alone.
    My style is important to me too.

    Love those pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMG Elise you just made my day!!! I just got back in town and am catching up on all my "peeps" posts from Friday! I have been looking for a good pair of black leggings without having to spend $100!!! I'm ordering those pants AND sweater now! XOXOXO Gracias chica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aaaaa! YAYAYAYAY! girlie, these will NOT let you down!!!! you will look like a little cutie patootie in them! can't wait for them to arrive! woowoo!!! you just made MY day! :)
      xx
      elise

      Delete
  36. I've had my eye on those sweatshirts. Super cute! Also, thanks for the tip on the pants. Will definitely check those out : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes yes! of course! definitely do girl...ooooobsessed with mine!!

      xx
      elise

      Delete