Sunday, October 20, 2013

day 20 - big: your identity

Mark and I visited a LifeGroup last Wedesday. I have been thinking about some of the questions the leader asked ever sense: Do you know who God says you are? Do you know what He calls you?
 
Oftentimes we get caught up in what we think of ourselves or what others think of us. Or, really...we get caught up in both of those things.
Let's be intentional about our identity. When the weight of our minds or the world tear us down, let's remember who we are in Christ. Look at what God says about you in the Bible...

  You are a son or daughter of a King.
A child of God.
You are forgiven.
Redeemed.
A royal priesthood.
HOLY.
Beloved.
You are free.
The LIGHT of the world.
His friend.
SET APART.
Fearfully and wonderfully made.
You are strong. 
Accepted.
Blameless.
A new creation.
Ambassadors for Christ.
Righteous.
Chosen.
HIS.
 
 
Write His words in your heart and rest in the peace that you are His. You are everything that he has called you.
 
Source

I hope you're having a blessed Sunday. To God be the glory...always!!!
post signature

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful reminder!! Happy Sunday to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!! I hope your Sunday is full of joy and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Joy and blessings right back to you & yours! :)
      xx
      elise

      Delete
  3. It's good to remind ourselves of the Truth about who we really are, and not buy into the lies we're often surrounded by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the BEST reminder! You are beautiful, inside and out! Thank you for this post!

    p.s. I'm your 100th follower... yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a good reminder, especially before the stress of the work week starts back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this and needed to hear it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great reminder!! Thanks for sharing everyday. I mean to comment but I read on my phone and I usually don't have enough time to once my son is done nursing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this and LOVE knowing and being reminded of who I am in Him! ....in other random news, I just clicked on a few old posts of yours and have a CRAZY connection! I will email you! happy Sunday! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! You are an amazing writer! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete