Saturday, October 26, 2013

day 26 - big+little: prayer triggers

31 Days Index
 
Prayer triggers. They're little and big combined. Little because the "trigger" might be insignificant. Big because the resulting action is a prayer (and prayers are always big in my book). :)

It's easy to create a prayer trigger. Whenever you see/hear/whatever a certain thing, it reminds you to pray about something/someone. Sound complicated? It's not.

For example: 
Whever I see a _______, I pray for my mom. 
Whenever I hear this song on the radio, I pray for ________.
Whenever I feel this, I pray for _____.
Whenever I see/hear something about this sports team, I pray for _____.
Prayer triggers can literally be for/about anything! That's the beauty in them. You create them! They're yours. :)

Even if the prayer isn't long...just those words lifted up for that person/problem...they count. God hears them. And you're being intentional about praying.

Do you use prayer triggers in your life? How?! I want to hear more!!

Hope you're having a blessed weekend, sweet friends!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. This is something I've never thought about before! I KNOW that sometimes I will just think of someone / something and pray, but I haven't paid attention to WHAT triggered me to do that. I'm going to pay attention to that!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have so many prayer triggers and I just never even thought about them. A song on the radio, something someone says, a thought that I have. I've never really put that much effort/thought into figuring out what makes me feel like I need to pray but apparently I have a lot of triggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so true - that quote should inspire us all! I do have prayer triggers that pop up a lot, but there are times when I need to be more intentional about praying. This is a great reminder!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Whenever I hear a siren (firetruck, ambulance or police) I take a minute to pray for people in need of help and those going to help, but I've never thought of doing it for anything else. Definitely going to think of some more triggers and start using them! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this idea Elise! I've been making an effort to say a prayer on the very long walk into my office every morning, but I really like the idea of coming up with other little triggers as well. You are so right that prayer doesn't have to be a huge thing, just a little prayer offered up in a moment is beautiful on its own. I also love that Romans quote and will be marking that for later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great reminder and something I needed to see today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so great! One of mine is when I see a beautiful sunset I praise Him for this world he's created. Seeing the sun setting across the sky reminds me too just how big He is and how small I am :) Also, I don't know if this is a trigger but just driving my car triggers me to pray out loud. Car rides just become prayer time for me!

    midwesterncharmblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this...lately my prayers are extremely frequent. There are times (last night) that I drop to my knees and just let it run out of my mouth and heart like water through a broken dam. I tell you it really helps. I am so grateful for my faith in Christ.

    ReplyDelete