Tuesday, October 15, 2013

day 15 - small: reflecting purpose in your home


31 Days Index
Hello, day 15! We're just about halfway through this series on being intentional. With that...let's take it back to day one--the big, BIG day. Remember when we talked about setting an intentional purpose behind our lives?!

As an avid nester and lover of all things home, I find it important to make little things in my home reflect my life's purpose. These simple reminders (that are ever so small!) lead me back to the cross. Back to Him. Back to my life's purpose...(in short)..to give God ALL the glory!

I just adore this precious French Press Mornings 4x6 printable in our guest bathroom.
I bought a couple more brown frames (like this one but size 3x5) on clearance at Target for 88 cents!
Gotta get back to French Press Mornings and find a few more printable favorites for the new frames. 
I love displaying Scripture art throughout our home!!


 "God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them." 
This is in our hallway. I love this little quote and feel it all the time. 
I am so glad that God knows my heart even when my prayers ramble and are sometimes nonsensical streams of consciousness. :)

 How cute is this tiny pink New Testament?
It's in our guest room. :)

 Hello, sweet little angel.
Oops...I should have fixed his halo before taking the picture!!

 This little doodle of mine hangs in our den...
One of these days I will get around to adding watercolor to it!!! 

...And this little doodle is on the dresser in our bedroom.
 I love this marriage verse so much. 
It reveals God's original intent for marriage...how He designed marriage to be before sin entered the world! 
It is my hope and prayer that Mark and I can reflect His purpose in our marriage.

 Cute little TJMaxx decor plate on our coffee table. (Good find, Mama!)
It is sitting on top of [the bottom side of] Mark's chess board from our mission trip to Burundi.

Jesus is all up in our entryway table. :)
Cross: My Mimi got me this Lord cross from Cracker Barrel! (Ha!) She is so precious.
Fun fact: Mimi and I share the name "Lord." Lord is my Mimi's maiden name. 
It was also my middle name before Mark & I got married!
Devotional: David Chadwick, the pastor from my church at home, wrote this!
NLT: I keep at least 1 Bible in every room of our house.
Bowl: This beautiful green bowl is from Burundi too. Our Burundi keepsakes remind me to pray for our sweet, sweet brothers and sisters in Christ in Bujumbura. I love them so much!


So there we are...even the little knickknacks around our home remind me to draw nearer to the Lord and glorify Him in all that I do. Oh, how often I need to be reminded to keep my eyes on the cross!! 
Happy Tuesday, loves. Thanks for reading. :) 
post signature

9 comments:

  1. all of this is so cute! I love your doodles and the map pillow next to the pink new testament :)

    happy reminders all around the house are my favorite.

    have a good day!!

    meagan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks meagan!!! :) i got the map pillow from society6.com...i LOVE that website!!! :)
      have a lovely tuesday, babe!
      xx
      elise

      Delete
  2. Your house is adorable!! All of the scripture printables look great.. I think that French Press one is my favorite! I really love the quote about God hearing our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them - I'm glad I'm not the only one whose prayers tend to go in 80 different directions :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha YES! exactly. the 80 different directions prayers...you're totally not the only one! :) :)
      and thank you!! we love our sweet cozy townhome so much!!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love the French Press Mornings print that you have and have that printed out and hanging in my office at work! I love this blog post not only because of your precious pictures but because I feel it's so important to be weary and speak of God being present in our daily lives! I love having little daily reminders (even if they are in the form of artwork) that point me back to the cross when I need it most! 16 days left of your being intentional challenge! Keep it up, love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these little touches around your house, they're so inspiring. I especially love the marriage verse in your bedroom, not only because I love that verse, but also because that frame is gorgeous!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've made your home so personal and purposeful! I'm trying to move ours in that direction. Isn't it so much more special?? :-) PS I love your Burundi touches! I have reminders of my trips to Uganda scattered around our place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love all these pieces. I need to add some more meaningful pieces to my home that make me stop and smile. :)

    FYI - you're a no reply blogger so I can't respond to the comment you left on my blog! Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So purposeful! I love this. you have made it so personal and special!
    love all the touches of GOD

    ReplyDelete