Thursday, May 1, 2014

Sistas, Blowouts, and Bridal Showers

I had the best time at my sister's bridal shower in Charlotte yesterday. I'll let her share all of the party details, but I wanted to squeeze in a few iPhone pics before I head to Miami this afternoon! Oh, and Charlotte ladies, I'm about to fill y'all in on a suh-weeeeeet blowout spot...

 Y'all. Gisoo Salon on East Blvd in Charlotte. 
Never noticed it before even though I've driven down that road 19215789 times.
There was a big sign out front advertising $30 blowouts that caught my mama's eye. And so we went!
We had so much fun. And the sweet ladies there even offered to give us complimentary makeovers!
Uh, yes please!!! 
I'm telling you...try this place. I LOVED how my hair (and makeup!) looked and will definitely be going back again.
Love this under-the-radar find! Had to share! :)

 Showering the bride at Mimi and Papaw's house.
...with Mimi's favorite "bridal decor" piece: the swan. 
The swan was at my bridal shower AND rehearsal dinner. Love it. So silly.
We will be passing this new tradition down to every girl cousin in the fam.

 We look more alike with the same hair color, right?!
(We like that. :))

 Hopey and I share a lot of things. Girlfriends included.
P.S. Ensley (far right) is a blogger too!

Sleepover party in sissy's room. Before I hit the road circa 6am. Sigh. 
See you later today, sissy! 

CHEERS to my SISTA BRIDE!
(And a the upcoming weekend full of celebrating her!)
I'm goin' to Miami...

Frankly, my dear...you should pop over here to visit my sweet sponsor, Jenni!

35 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Have a safe flight down here :) you both will have a blast!! And remember sunscreen it's SUPER hot!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love secret finds like that! Hope you are having a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is awesome how close you two are!!! Enjoy Miami!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls are adorable!! Have fun in Miami!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, so fun! I've never been to Charlotte, but I hear it's an awesome city. Congrats to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yalls hair looks amazing!! I keep hearing about blowouts - I am going to have to try that one of these days! Hope yall enjoy Miami!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ....welcome to Miami...

    haha LOVE your blowouts. I already complimented the shower on Hopey's blog so I've gotta tell you...gray and leopard...it's my jam. Love it! Seriously have the best time ever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like so much fun! My sister is getting married too at the end of May and we have had a lot of bridal showers and fun! Have a great weekend!

    The Style Storm
    <3, Christina

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I had known about that salon when I lived in Charlotte. Super cute sleepover pic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol'ing at how creepily similar some of our captions were...and placement of pics!!! Thanks for clarifying the swan to all of our bloggy friends...totes forgot to mention that. See you SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such fun pictures! And sleepovers are the best. Might have to try out that salon! Cheers to a wonderful time in Miami, friend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. You ladies look glam and beautiful, love your hair and makeup : )
    Also, can your sister decorate my bedroom? Hers looks beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that last picture! Too cute!! Love your dress!! HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You girls looked beautiful, and that sleepover pic is so cute! Enjoy Miami :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love all the pics! And yay for free makeovers! I'm gonna have to have a sissy sleepover with my sister soon, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a fun day & beautiful sisters!! I love seeing you two together! And I am like dying to see her wedding!!! Y'all have SO much fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such beautiful sisters! I hope you two have a wonderful and safe trip this weekend. I know it will be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your hair, your heart, and this whole post! You are adorable, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How Fun!!! Your hair looked AMAZING!! So glad you lovely ladies had such a fantastic time ....and I hope you enjoy a really fabulous and memorable Bachelorette Weekend ahead celebrating your sweet sista!! SOOO EXCITING!!! enJOY!! Mwah! (:

    ReplyDelete
  21. Y'all both look beautiful! I'm dying over that head board, though! I hope y'all have a safe flight and enjoy Miami!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful sistahs! Love how the hair turn out!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yay for sister trips! Have so much fun:) And LOVING the blow-outs. I have never had one, but would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. your hair is amazing! if i ever go to Charlotte I will need to go there fo shiz. love all the pics, how cute is that swan?! what a great tradition to pass down.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yay you're blonde again, so now I can recognize you better! Haha :) You guys look so lovely :) And most definitely like sisters!

    ashleynicoleholmes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. You and Hope looked so gorgeous! Isn't it so fun when you find a new salon that you love? It's such a treat! I'm happy to see you had such a wonderful time together. :)

    xo Always, Abby
    Philosophy Skincare Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your hair!! Blow out looks fab you and Hope!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a fun bridal shower! Your blowouts look great! xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are absolutely gorgeous in all of these pics!!! How blessed is your sister to have you! You seriously sound like the best sister.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sisters are the sweetest! Glad y'all had such a wonderful time!

    www.lincsmomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Pretty ladies!!! Looks like a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete