Thursday, May 29, 2014

Fiesta Crockpot Chicken [Guest Post]

Hello again, Cheers Y'all friends!

 I am so excited to be back with you today! If you missed me last month, I am Jenni and I blog over at Frankly My Dear. I am a lover of all things vintage, homemade, & southern! If you've never dropped by my neck of the woods, I would love to get to know you better.

But enough about me...on to the good stuff! Today I am excited to bring you one of my favorite new crockpot meals. Easy & Delicious...what could be better?




What You'll Need:
Frozen Chicken Breast - 2.5-3 lbs.
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Can of Black Beans, rinsed & drained
1 Can of Corn, drained
1 Can of Rotel
1 Reynolds Crockpot Liner




Your first step is to spray your crockpot with nonstick spray or use Reynolds Crockpot Liners. Y'all have to check these out if you don't already use them. They save marriages...trust me! I raved about them here & there's even a coupon for them here. Try them...you WON'T be sorry!

Next, place your frozen chicken in the bottom of the crockpot.

Dice up your cream cheese & place on top of chicken.

Add your drained & rinsed black beans on top of your cream cheese.

Dump in drained corn & rotel on top of that.






Cover with lid & cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
If you are around you can stir the ingredients every hour or so but is definitely not necessary.

Turn your crockpot off 30 minutes before you are ready to serve so that it will thicken up. You may shred the chicken or serve the breast as is.






I served mine over Spanish Rice with tortilla chips & salsa. It was perfect!



Although it was not in the original recipe, the next time I make it, I will add a half packet of taco seasoning. The spanish rice really added flavor to the meal & I think it would be extra delicious if those seasonings were cooked in from the beginning. My hubby also mentioned that he thought a dash or two of hot sauce & some onions would be good. The possibilities are endless!

Well, what do you think?! I told you it was easy & delicious!

Thank you so much for joining me today & a huge shout out to the lovely Elise for allowing me to share on her blogity blog today! I so enjoy meeting y'all & hope you drop over sometime soon!


Frankly my dear...get cookin'! 

post signature

1 comment:

  1. That looks like an easy & delicious meal to cook up sometime this summer! I'll have to save this one. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete