Friday, May 16, 2014

5 on Friday: Healthy Habits

Between my recent fascination with the Food Babe and the motivation to be one fit matron of honor (15 days away!!!), I've developed some fabulous healthy habits along the way. I love them so much that each has become less of a habit and more part of my everyday lifestyle. I couldn't help but want to share them with all of you!

ONE | DAILY DETOX ROUTINE
I've started a new morning routine. BEFORE the coffee, I drink this. Who taught me about it? The Food Babe, of course. What's the benefit? Kickstarting your liver each morning to get rid of any toxins up in there! There are more benefits too. Check out her article here for a more in-depth explanation regarding why you should adopt this habit too.

TWO | PURE BARRE
You might remember reading about when I started PB earlier this year. It is now one of my most favorite parts of the day. Pure Barre has really made me believe that endorphins are an addiction. I crave this time of day now and have become the annoying person who feels gross and disgusting if I go a few days without it.
Via Pure Barre Wilmington's Facebook Page
I may or may not be in this picture. ;)

THREE | INFUSED WATER
My water drinking habits aren't new. I don't drink soda, and juice just isn't my thing. (I do salty over sweet and juice tends to be sweet. I'm the oddball that genuinely prefers water to juice.) Nonetheless, what IS a new habit of mine is infused water. 

Epic Food Co. (so stinkin' good) in Wilmington sells water bottles and lets you come refill them with their infused water anytime. Hello, deal of all deals! So after I workout at the barre, I cruise across the parking lot and stock up on some (wait for it) jalapeno infused water. YUM!

Epic Food Co. | Wilmington, NC
Orange + Mint, Pineapple + Lime, and (my fave) Jalapeno

FOUR | GMO FREE + ORGANIC
It's becoming such a priority for me to buy GMO free and organic foods for our home. I'm slowly trying to make sure everything passes this test! Again, the Food Babe is teaching me lots about reading food labels and finding out what some of the ingredients really mean and/or contain. (Eeeek!)
Via
 
FIVE | VITAMIN D
This is an easy one. Especially since I live so close to this beautiful sight. But seriously, at my last doctor's checkup, Vitamin D was my only vitamin deficiency. More reason to get outside and soak up the sun...but wearing sunscreen, of course!
Via Instagram
Wrightsville Beach was looking extra gorgeous to me this week!


Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG

Cheers to the lovely linkup creators: Darci, April, Christina, and Natasha!

Cheers to prioritizing health!
 
 
Frankly, my dear...you should pop over here to visit my sweet sponsor, Jenni!

38 comments:

  1. Those are awesome habits! I made lemon mint water yesterday, but the orange mint has me very interested! I just love all of the combinations.

    Oh, and I know all about the Vitamin D deficiency. It can hurt so much! I had so much bone pain that I saw a rheumatologist, but he fixed it with a few weeks of prescription strength Vitamin D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish we had a pure barre place here! I'm so jealous!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That infused water company sounds really cool! We have mint plants in our yard--Angel likes to use them a lot in tea or water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your fave healthy habits (and inspiring me to steer clear of the mini donuts a few feet from my computer ;))! So exciting that the countdown is getting so close to the day when you'll be one fit matron of honor and your sista will be a beautiful bride!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blossom habits lady! Keep rocking it out!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to go check out this food babe. And I just took a sip of my morning coffee, but am putting it back in the fridge until I'm doing with this cayenne drink :) Have a great weekend love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay. If I'm ever back in Wilmington, we will be Pure Barre/Epic Food Co. bestirs. Get ready. Have the best weekend! Xo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post... sometimes I seriously need this motivation! Looking forward to moving back home one day and finding a Pure Barre near by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Checking out food babe pronto! Good for you for making all these changes. And jalapeno infused water??? My hubs would be in Heaven. Doctors orders for more Vitamin D??? Yes, please! You'll be rocking as matron of honor, love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmm I pick vitamin D!! (and the infused water looks great, love a little cucumber water in the summer!) Happy Weekend Elise! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. So awesome that you're prioritizing your health! My aunt and uncle used to live in Hampstead but moved a few years ago and I miss going out to Topsail and Wrightsville beach so much! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being healthy has become addictive! Love your suggestions! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been meaning to try the cayenne pepper and lemon in the mornings too. I couldn't agree more about organic/processed foods, especially once you have kids you really start to think about what they are putting in their mouths! I'm on a fruit infused water kick too - it tastes sooo good and is so refreshing!

    Happy weekend sweets xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm dying to try Pure Barre. I love the idea of jalapeno infused water!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love infused water!!!! And I'm totally obsessed with lemon water. It's just so refreshing and really makes you feel pumped to start your day off happy and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG jalepeno infused water?!? Yes please! I've never heard or tried this but I definitely need to. That sounds amazing! Happy Friday!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love infused water and Wilmington of course!! Have a great weekend girl
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. loving these tips! enjoy your weekend lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need a infused water store close to me! How fun! I could definitely drink more in a given day... But having a water bottle I love helps. I love life factory bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So jealous you live so close to the beach! I'd be there everyday, ha! That pineapple + mint water sounds amazing...might need to try making it. P.S. - love seeing snippets of your new home...it looks beautiful, can't wait for a house tour. : )

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think a daily detox is a great idea!! I love infused water - and have been wanting to get a water bottle that basically does the infusing for you!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great habits, so many great benefits to lemon! I plan on trying a Barre class once we make our move ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. SHUT UP!!! The pineapple-jalapeno combo is one of my all time faves! (Especially in a margarita!) I'm going to have to try the water version.

    ReplyDelete
  24. And I totally found you in the Pure Barre pic. ;) Kicking some major butt!

    ReplyDelete
  25. When at the grocery store lately, Ive been such a stickler for making sure our products are GMO free and organic too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm like an 1 1/2 hour away from Epic Food I'm going to have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love infused water! I would be refilling my water bottle up at least five times a day if we had a place nearby like that. YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Stop it, you are making me miss NC! I need to go home because I am missing the beach too much! Wrightsville beach... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Apparently I needed to read this today - one of my 5 was about making healthier decisions. Perfect timing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love Pure Barre and need to get back into it. But what I really want is the infused water. You can go anytime? What??? That is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Okay so I have a ton of friends who talk about pure barre and how much fun it is! I need to give it a shot after I have my baby... It seems like the perfect workout for me! :)

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Someone is getting healthy! I love infused water, lemon water is my thing! I wish there was a Pure Barre around my area so I could try what everyone is raving about!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh, when I'm home at end of May I am going by Epic Food that combo sounds amazing! Other health trend, have you tried Happy Bowl yet?? I haven't, but it's on my must try too!

    ReplyDelete
  34. These are some awesome, very easy tips! I am a weirdo who prefers water too and I love infusing it with fun flavors like this. :)
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend, dear!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  35. Ohhhh all of those waters sound so refreshing! Your health kick is definitely an inspiration, especially with summer rapidly approaching!

    ReplyDelete
  36. These are all such great tips! I wish all of these things were accessible where I live! Even the sunshine and warm weather has been scarce in Michigan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love your blog Elise - just followed! ♥
    Would love if you checked out mine sometime too so we can stay in touch!

    AIMEROSE

    ReplyDelete
  38. Infused water sound exciting! I drink a lot of water! Pretty much that and 1% milk is all. And now that I am further along in my pregnancy I am wanting ice cold water. I am sure adding some different things to it would be a wonderful experience!

    ReplyDelete