Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Scripture Dear to My Heart

Last week a friend of mine (Hi, sweet Abby!) tagged me in a little something on Facebook about sharing a few favorite pieces of Scripture. I thought I'd turn it into a blog post! Enjoy learning a bit more about some of my favorite verses. Glory to God!!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
Ephesians 5:19
I remember buying a print of this Scripture form a Christian bookstore when I was in middle or high school. It was said to be my "life verse," as the bookstore paired one verse with a every possible birthday (e.g. this is Ephesians 5:19 and I was born on 5-19). When I saw that my "life verse" involved singing and music, it was a done deal. Purchased!
Via
 
Romans 8:28
This is a family favorite as it is my Mimimama's all time favorite verse. She passed a love for it on to all of her grandbabies! (Thanks Mimi! We love you so much!!!!)
Via
 
Philippians 4:8
This print is framed in our house. I think it's the loveliest verse ever. :) It reminds me to keep my thoughts positive and pure...and even to protect my eyes and ears from seeing/hearing anything that does not encourage living this out.
Via
 
Titus 2:3-5
Proberbs 31 gets most of the popularity, but ever since unpacking these Titus 2 verses though a book study (Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney), I cherish these words [that I previously never knew exsisted]. I am so thankful for the women who have poured their lives and the blessings of these virtues into me!
 
 
Genesis 2:24
This is another verse that is framed in our home. Mark and I did a Bible study together with several other couples as newlyweds, and unpacking this verse meant a lot to my adult-child-of-recently-divorced-parents heart. Leave and cleave. That's God's way.
Via
1 Peter 3:3
And I have to include this one (though 1 Peter 3 has SO MUCH good stuff) as my favorite verse to call myself out on. When my patience is running low, I must remember that God calls me to have a gentle and quiet spirit. (And that doesn't mean being a doormat, either!) :) 

Ephesians 3:20
Quite possible my #1 favorite. I love the version that says "exceedingly abunantly." God has revealed this to me over and over again (just like I wrote about here!), and I know He will continue to reveal this Truth thoughout my life (and yours too!).
Via "The Story of our First Home"

Thank you, Lord, for Your Word!
 
Frankly, my dear...you should pop over here to visit my sweet sponsor, Jenni!
 

22 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these verses! I have never read (or at least I didn't pay attention) to those verses in Titus about being a woman. I love them! What a great idea for a blog post.

    lesaventuresdelavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's kind of a neat idea--whoever thought of matching different verses with every birthday of the year! It does make me curious to know which verse they picked for my birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Romans 8:28 and Ephesians 3:20 are favorites of mine as well. Thank you for sharing these precious verses today! Now I want to know my life verse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Romans 8:28 one of my favs. Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! I've been on a mission recently to fill our home with Scripture, much in the way you have. It's such a tremendous encouragement throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE these! Especially the last one! What great reminders of His love for us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lovely and they are all gorgeous graphics as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My grandmother adores Romans 8:28. And it speaks wonders to my heart! Thanks for sharing this, sweets! xo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many great verses! We share a lot of the same favourites! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love a few of the same ones, my favorite is Jeremiah 29:13. It's very special to me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing these. I'm always looking for new favorite scripture to share and to read up on. One of my favorites is: My heart may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; He is mine forever. Psalm 73:26

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this. Love Galatians 5:1 (along with some of yours) for it is for freedom that Christ set you free. I literally spent six months studying greek and freedom in the word. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your heart! Thanks for sharing all of these!

    Paige
    tomatoesforcucumbers.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love of all of these verses - so beautiful and so nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for being such an encouragement to me today and sharing these verses...some of them were EXACTLY what I needed to hear! Your so lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is such a perfect "life verse" for you! You do that every day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love reading the posts you do like this. They are always so encouraging and my favorite part about your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete