Thursday, October 29, 2015

Real Talk | Mind Wars

Via
I've been in a funk this week. Or maybe the last two weeks. I guess I just didn't realize I was in it last week, but my husband did. He came home for lunch everyday to be with me. I literally just thought he wanted to come home to water the grass. (Ha!) Toward the end of the week, he told me he kept coming home for lunch because I just wasn't my happy self in the mornings like usual. I'm not annoyingly bubbly in the morning, but recently I've been waking up cranky, disgruntled, and eager to make it through the hours till the next naptime. My joy was being stolen. And I was (am!) allowing that to happen.

I want to be real and authentic. It's not all butterflies and roses everyday. I love my husband, I love my family, and I love our life, but there are hard moments too.

I am behind on...mmm...just about everything at this point. 
There isn't a One Room Challenge post this week because I did [absolutely] nothing for it. 
Our sunroom roof is leaking.
I have way too many emails, texts, Facebook, messages, etc to catch up on. 
Nancy has been waking up lots more than just once a night and getting upset and worked up until I [cave? and] nurse her.
I'm tired.
I have a headache.
I just contacted my counselor from years ago to help me sort through some "daddy wounds" that have recently resurfaced now that I have my own daughter.
There is a little voice in my head that sometimes goes, "But really, what did you do all day?"

This isn't a sob fest; it isn't meant to be a list of complaints either. It's a recognition that spiritual warfare exists as well as a proclamation and reminder that I will not let Satan steal my joy. I am so encouraged by so many of you friends and mamas (I've read this post from my sweet blog friend Erika multiple times today!). I want this blog to be a place where women feel inspired and encouraged by one another. I don't want it to look like I have a perfect life. I don't. No one does! Let's just remember to love on and life each other up though the trenches, the funks, and days when we feel robbed of joy. No matter how we mama, we are all in this together. Motherhood is crazy. It's beautiful. It's hard. It's messy. And it's glorious. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it. Just keepin' in real, y'all. I love you friends dearly! Thanks for being a part of my world.
Via

P.S. This song has been running through my head all day. I am clinging to its Truth! I hope it ignites joy to return in your heart when you feel it fleeing! xx
P.P.S. Nancy's Nursery is still in the running for Project Nursery's October Room. Vote again? Please? The voting is almost over! Promise! Thanks, friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment