Thursday, October 8, 2015

Our Living Room

Aside from Nancy's Nursery, the living room is the only room in the house that is fairly complete. This is the first time we've had a formal living room, and I am loving it. Living rooms tend to be unused or neglected, but I am pleased to report that we've gotten some good use out of it in the short time in our home. It has proven to be the girl/boy divide when we have people over: girls chat in the living room, men in the den.

I knew I wanted this space to be filled with neutrals (my favorite) as well of pops of metallic silver-- inspired by my beloved rug. Additionally, since the square footage isn't super generous for a formal living room, I envisioned floating the furniture centrally instead of pushing it against the walls. It creates the perfect little setup for hours of girl talk. So...welcome to this light, airy (and a little girly) space! It's so fun to see all these pieces of furniture that were in completely different places in our old house come together and make a room.



When we lived at my mom's house for 5 months (in between buying and selling), she asked me one day what my favorite piece of furniture was at her house. I reported that it was the tall pine shelf. Well, my oh so sweet and gracious mama passed it on to me when we moved out of her casa. Love you, mommy!!!! I so adore this piece!







The big apothecary jar holds petals from our wedding cake. How amazing is that? I'm obsessed. 
The sea shells were collected by us while we lived at the beach.
...And then there is some sentiment-less potpourri form Pottery Barn. :)





When my interior designer mom was styling these shelves, she decided to only put the frames on one row instead of scattering them around the shelves. I love how it keeps your eye in the same sight line for photos and the other decor gets to shine by itself without competing with a photograph. 

I've had this coffee table for 3 years and am still completely googoo over it. 

See the reflection of our chairless dining room? Lots of things to complete around here in the months (and years!) to come! ;)

I have to include my little photo bomber in this final picture because this is her favorite room. She guards the house from this little perch for hours on hours. Bless. :)



SOURCES
Unless otherwise noted, the majority of the furniture is a family hand-me-down.
Wall color: SW Sea Salt {read about all of our home's paint colors here}
Curtains: Thrifted, but they are West Elm (no longer available in this color, available in platinum)
Curtain Rods (These are A BARGAIN! I use them all throughout our home and did in our old house too!)
Metallic Cowhide Rug
Coffee Table
Sofa Throw Pillows: Family hand-me-downs, thrifted, and a PB Monogram Appliqué Pillow Cover
White Chair Throw Pillows: society6
Faux pumpkin: Michaels
Faux hydrangeas (comes in a set of 3)
Apothecary Jars
Mercury Glass Vases: At Home 
Mercury Glass Pumpkin: Home Goods
Silver Plates: thrifted
Candle, c/o New South Home Couture

OUR HOME
Nancy's Nursery

No comments:

Post a Comment