Thursday, October 15, 2015

One Room Challenge | Guest Room Week 2



If you missed Week 1, read it here.


This week was filled more with ca-ching than ch-ch-changes, but I know it's worth it! And I did make a few bucks on some items I sold while decluttering, so there's that. :) I brought a lot of white into the room with my purchases which is always exciting in my heart. Here's what I scooped up. (Believe me, if you know my style, none of it broke the bank. That's how I roll.)


These industrial inspired rods had me at hello, and GUESS. WHERE. THEY'RE. FROM? Wal Mart. I got the black ones because they were the least expensive of the colors. I might spray paint them silver when they arrive.
Via
I purchased these faux silk curtains via my beloved Amazon Prime:
Via
And last but not least, Amazon Prime nailed it with this bedding set too. Shams & quilt for $40? Hello!


Via


TO DO LIST
Find/purchase/thrift: curtain rods, curtains, matching/similar nightstands, white bedding, art for above the bed (?), lamps, a chair (?), a bench (?)
Declutter/sell/find a place for/get rid of ALL JUNK *(In process! I got rid/sold some stuff this week!)*
Replace fixture
Actually organize and file the monster pile of papers in the closet
Makeover the file cabinet
Repair H pillow

On the note of starting to get rid of things and declutter the space (this room was preciously the "holding room" when we moved in and didn't know where to put things), has anyone read this book? I think I need it in my life. Scratch that, I'm dying to read it. I found a used copy that I'm picking up today. Woo!

Okay, UPDATE. I got the book. I need the inspiration and motivation (and method!) big time. Cheers to learning the art of tidying up...with these placemats that are restocked and 20% off (plus another 10% off with code FALL10). Just so you know. ;)


Alright. We were out of town most of last weekend, so I am expecting big things from myself this coming weekend. Time to buckle down and really get moving on this space! Cheers to Week 2 and to the movin' and groovin' ahead in Week 3! 



Be sure to visit all other bloggers who are participating in this 6 week challenge. Let's all root each other on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment