Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Holiday Card Styling for the Family

As if I don't love Christmas cards enough, they're even more exciting now that we have a little of our own to join us in the picture. Yes, I planned out our outfits in advance. I wanted coordinating-but-not-too-coordinating. You know what I mean? A general flow but not matchy-matchy. Here's what I came up with: cozy, everyday neutrals with a pops of blues/greens in plaid and jeans.

The inspiration...


The real deal...
(These looks are sprawled across the guest bedroom, soooo EEEEEK to my One Room Challenge post tomorrow!)



Shop the Look:

Mom: Tank | Cardigan (by Vestique -- similar)  | Jeans by Citizens of Humanity-old (similar) | Scarf (similar, similar) | Booties (old from Old Navy, but similar look + price point booties here) | Earrings (similar) | Necklace
Dad: Button Down | Cardigan (similar) | "Khaki Jeans"* | Loafers
Girl Mini: Dress (and turtleneck) | Tights from Debenam's in England (similar) | Moccs 
Boy Mini: Outfit (sold in a set!) | Moccs

*These are Mark's favorite (and most frequently worn) pants! They look like khakis, but they feel like jeans. Great price point for the value (he's had this pair for years) & more colors available...I think I might need to snag another pair!

All this outfit excitement and planning means I have a date with the loveliest of lovelies today: Cameron of Cameron Faye Photography. If you're local, scoop her up because her talent is absolutely incredible. As a Christ follower, she absolutely captures His love and light in her art. (Remember our newborn photos from the hospital? She made the hospital look like heaven...and that's the feeling we were floating on with Nancy's arrival. HEAVEN.) Love you, Cam!!!!

P.S. Shout out to my sister for wearing the outfit I'm wearing the day before yesterday. I saw her and said, "I like your outfit. Can I wear it for my pictures? Don't put the clothes in the wash, bring them to my house tomorrow. Necklace too please." She rocks. My personal stylist sista. Thanks, Hopey!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment