Thursday, March 5, 2015

Sausage, Kale, and Goat Cheese Pasta



As I was making one of my favorite dinners this week, I thought, "I don't think I ever posted this recipe on the blog." It's one of our go-to favorites whenever pasta is on the menu. You can pull it off with so many variations too. Sub the sausage for chicken...sub the kale for balsamic roasted Brussels sprouts...add more veggies...whatever floats your boat. We just love this one because...goat cheese. The best cheese there is (in my humble opinion). And that goat cheese, my friends, is pretty much all there is to this pasta's scrumptious "sauce."

Ingredients (makes 6 servings)
1 lb pasta (I used TJ's whole wheat organic rotini)
14 oz sausage (I used Tofurky because I love it!)
2-3 cups organic kale
1 8oz cherve goat cheese log (I used the one from TJ's that's seasoned with herbs)
Olive oil
Pepper and/or roasted red pepper flakes to taste

Directions
Boil pasta according to directions adding in fresh kale as the pasta boils.
In a separate pan, warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil and add sliced sausage.
Cook sausage fully while waiting on pasta to become tender.
Strain pasta and kale, and add in cooked sausage.
In a mixing bowl, add 1-2 tbsp olive oil and the goat cheese log to pasta mixture immediately -- while pasta is still hot.
Stir with a spatula as goat cheese melts evenly.
Season with pepper and/or roasted red pepper flakes to your liking.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment