Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pregnancy | 34 Weeks

 

How Far Along: 34 weeks down, 6 to go! I wonder when she'll arrive...early? Late? Right on time? I might be the only pregnant mama ever rooting for a semi-late arrival because in my dream world, she'll arrive 4 days late on my sister's birthday. How cool would it be for Nancy Hope and Hope to share a birthday?! Here's to hoping... ;)

Size of Baby: Apparently a pineapple, though I feel like these fruit comparisons are nonsense now. The real deal is that she should be approximately 20" long and 4.9lbs.

Gender: Our little girl, Nancy Hope Houston

Movement: Yep! Lots. And I really do feel like she has turned because when she hiccups, I feel it way down low in my belly. And with her growing and growing, there have been a couple of times this week where whatever she's done in there has caused me to say, "Ow!"

Sleep: Good for the most part except over the weekend nights I was up for about 2 hours in the early, early morning tossing and turning. Maybe because I wasn't in my own bed? Not sure.
Workouts: 5 workouts -- 4 Pure Barres and 1 Hilliard Studio Method

Maternity Clothes: Same old mixing and matching. I loved that it was warm enough to wear this maternity dress earlier in the week. And I loved my dress for Nancy's baby shower, and it wasn't maternity! Just sized up to give that bump some room! :)

 Dress: L by Jennifer Love Hewitt ON SALE
My bump now reminds me of a basketball. Or at least that's how I feel. Woof.

Symptoms: I mentioned last week that I've started to feel less "Elise" and more "very pregnant." That has carried on and (I know!) will continue till when this babe makes her debut. Little things like sitting up and switching from one side to the other at night don't really come without a grunt or something of the sort now. So cute.

Also, this isn't a pregnancy symptom, but I've managed to get sick for the first time in pregnancy (and the first time in a while in general). I took my first sick day since I started nannying when we moved here. 3rd tri pregnancy + being sick = no joke. I currently sound like a man when I talk, throat hurts, gunk everywhere...yum. I'm pretty much chugging my organic throat coat tea with organic honey + drops of doTERRA Lemon. And I've been putting doTERRA Breathe on my chest too. Hopefully I can kick this asap. Any other suggestions are welcome!!!

Cravings/Aversions: This is kind of weird, but I've been craving ice water out of a glass as opposed to the water bottle that I carry with me all the time/a plastic cup/a can of seltzer water. Random. I'm a crazy water drinker in general, so it's weird to want water a specific way.

Missing Most: Feeling 100% 

Nursery: Will be nonexistent until we move to Charlotte, sell our house, and buy one. :)

Hubby: Must have jinxed it when he complimented me a few weeks ago on not complaining about anything at all with pregnancy. Yesterday morning as I was driving him to work (He sold the beach jeep! On to a more family friendly car without a lift and with 4 doors instead of 2. ;) It was more of a beach car anyway...) and telling him that I just felt large and in charge. I know my bump isn't the most ginormous bump on earth, but I just feel like I've gained a little bit everywhere. I can see it and feel it and it just makes me feel bleh. Anyway, he patiently listened, patted my leg, and responded with all of the right, sweet, encouraging things that any woman needs to hear. I'm really thankful for that. Bless him.

Best Part of the Week: Nancy's Fancy Tea Party! It was a day of abundant blessings!!


Can't Wait For: Moving home to Charlotte for good in 10 (!!!) days!

Love these two on on one of our last long Hwy 74 drives

No comments:

Post a Comment