Monday, March 9, 2015

Nancy's Fancy Tea Party

Yes, I am biased, but Nancy's Fancy Tea Party was the most beautiful shower I've ever attended. Wow. My mom, sister, and besties went all out. As my most sacred dream--becoming a mommy--is coming true, I have never felt more loved, enamored, overwhelmed, and at peace...all at once. Growing another life inside of you is the most amazing miracle I've ever experienced. I count it all as joy, and oh what joy it was to celebrate the upcoming arrival of our dear Nancy Hope!

I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking, but I have to say thank you to everyone who showered Nancy and me with so, so, so much love and goodness. James 1:17 to fruition...to the max! Thank you. With all of BOTH of our hearts. Blame it on the hormones (Or not! It was really that blessed and emotional of a weekend for me.), but I can't help but cry as I type the words to this post and listen to this song on repeat in the background. I am so humbled that God chose me to be Nancy's mommy and that I have so many amazing women that I get to "do life" with as I transition into motherhood. Glory to God; thank you, Jesus!

 









 Mimi's homemade sweet tea bar

Hot tea bar 

 Mimosa bar



My mom decorated with many of my old baby clothes (and even pink patterned clothespins!)



 Mallory's finger sandwiches were perfection: pimento cheese, cucumber, and chicken salad



 The greatest hostesses on earth!

 My sissy and mommy

 Lizzie and Coley

Mallory and my precious goddaughter, Harper 

 I even got to snap a pic with my hubby before he left for some bro time with my brother-in-law

 Cannot handle the supreme cuteness of baby bloomers. 
I already have visions of Nancy in nothing but a diaper, these, and a bonnet at the beach this summer!

 My sweet Mimimama, soon to be Nancy's "Grandmimi," especially spoiled her first great-grandbaby.

 Captured loving the thought of using this for all my future little Houston bebes

 Nancy's first piece of art, created by my bestie, Lizzie Morrison.
Inspired by 1 Peter 1. I cried. (Obviously.)

1 Peter 1:6-9 ESV

 2 of my sweet Bible study girlfriends

 Cheers!...with my mama, Mimi, and my aunts

Party (partea?!) favors

Post-party with the pups :) Had to.
Sources
Wreath: DIY (Lizzie Morrison)
Banner: DIY
Ribbon Garland: Etsy
Macaroons: Wow Factor Cakes
Glassware + Tablecloth Rental: Party Reflections
Heart Straws: World Market
Flowers: Wayne Freeman, independent florist
Baby Makes Three + Before I Knew You Signs: Hobby Lobby
Gold Letters on Mantel: Hobby Lobby
Diaper Baby: Baby Binkz on Etsy
Custom Tea Bag Favors: Bushel And Peck Paper on Etsy
My Dress: Purchased at Petal Boutique in Charlotte, NC
 

No comments:

Post a Comment