Friday, March 20, 2015

First Home Favorites


 35 weeks pregnant | Our last week in our first home

I'll be the first to admit that moving back to Charlotte is a lot more sweet than bitter, but I have to say that I've felt especially nostalgic this week as we have packed up our first home. Sure, we only lived here for a year. But this space was ours. It was very us. And--heck--we grew a lot here as our own a little family. We learned a lot about each other. We found beauty in the dependency of marriage. We made new friends and enjoyed hosting beach weekends with old ones. I watched my husband begin a brand new career and thrive in it. We spoiled ourselves with walks on the beach and laughing at Amelia as a beach pup. We learned how much a roof costs (ouch). We decided to add to our family here...and thought our #1 would be joining us in this very home! We fell in love with our daughter here, felt her kicks, and documented her growing in my tummy. There is so much to think about and cherish. I can only imagine the flood of memories after spending years upon years in a home....which we hope to do next. (For real this time.)

So in the spirit of nostalgia, gratitude, and sincere love...this Friday's post is dedicated to [a few more than] 5 things that I am going to miss about our first home.

ONE | THESE WINDOWS
Our house was always filled with amazing natural light. These windows were my favorite. I took this picture a couple of days ago. I love how these windows captured green leaves and blue skies, sunsets, and even the moon at night.

The picture doesn't do the cotton candy sky justice.
(And oh the preciousness of a little tinypup silhouette guarding the house!)


TWO | BUILT INS
Yes, I will miss something as simple as the built in shelves in our den. I adore them and the way they so effortlessly housed our beachy + family accents.



THREE | OUR FRONT PATIO

I love this space. Marky and I loved this little date night spot for two. We would light the tiki torches, grill out, sit, rock, sip on some vino, and talk. I'm cheesy smiling just typing about it.

[Original Post: Home Tour | Exterior]


 
FOUR | MY CLOSET
Y'all know I would be straight up lying if I said I wasn't going to miss this girly thang. Ohhh this space! :) Our favorite areas in Charlotte are filled with older homes...which come with small closets...so I think this goodness will soon be a distant memory.

[Original Post: Home Tour | Master Closet]

FIVE | MY COLOR PALETTE
I picked out paint colors that were me. My "seaside neutrals." I swooned over our dark doors that contrasted against our light walls, found the perfect gray that I will continue to use for years (SW Silverplate -- it reminds me of my bridesmaids' dresses!!!), and had my mom pick out "a color for the guest room that will hopefully some day be a little boy's or girl's nursery and not need repainting." :) She nailed it with SW Sea Salt. We'll use it in Nancy's nursery in Charlotte.


SIX | THE MUDROOM
This is an amenity I don't forsee us having in Charlotte either. Maybe it sounds silly, but I loved this little space! A tidy place for shoes and coats and purses and things. (Because boy do I love tidy.) 

[Original Post: Home Tour | Mudroom]

SEVEN | ...AND EVERYTHING ELSE
A little compilation from our listing...because the homebody/interior design/home decor lover in me could keep this post going for days...

 "My" kitchen....because it's very me. My favorite shiny chrome hardware. White. The perfect shade of gray on the walls.
Our bedroom...so light and airy (though one day I will paint that furniture white...!).
Double ceilings in our main living space. So many windows. So much natural light.
The guest room/nursery that housed so many of our favorite people.
And our bathroom. Not the most updated bathroom but with that space...double sinks...and a jacuzzi tub? It was heaven to me!

Thank you, Jesus, for our first home and all of the memories, lessons, and love in it.
Thank You for our time here in Wilmington.
Thank You for moving mountains to get us back to Charlotte in time for Nancy's arrival.
Thank You for the gift of family and knowing how we want our little girl to grow up as close to them as possible.
And most importantly, thank You for making a home in our hearts. Help us to seek and know You as our one, true home. 
Amen.

 
FRIDAY means I'm linking up with...5 on Friday: Darci, April, Christina, + Natasha | Friday Favorites: A Little Bit of Everything, Momfessionals, + Grace and Love | Oh Hey, Friday: September Farm + The Farmer's Wife





No comments:

Post a Comment