Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Home Tour | Guest Bedroom


When you have guests coming, it's a motivator to deep clean more than you usually would, isn't it? In that same way (and in addition to some extra cleaning :)), the coming together of our guestroom was highly motivated by "Hotel Houston" being in business for the summer. After all, one of the best parts about living at the beach is all of our summertime visitors! Come this weekend, we'll have hosted 3 different couples in a week in a half. How fun is that?! Beach life is the best. I love filling our house with friends and family!

Now onto the guest room portion of the home tour. This is the room where our lovely (and oh-so-loved) visitors rest their heads.

 I love this room so much!

 The "seaside neutral" color palette makes me swoon.

 Reading nook


 Styling guest bedroom side tables is fun!

 A bit of candy, devotionals, faux flowers, and a coaster. 
I love how adding a tray consolidates and defines the look.

 I'm a sucker for symmetry.


 Put your WiFi password in a frame so guests can easily connect without even having to ask!

 View from the bed


 Easily my favorite part of the room

 How fun is this?! I loved creating it!



 The guestroom overlooks our back patio.
There are 4 curtain panels hanging (instead of two) so they can close them fully for 100% privacy.

 Detail on the bed. I adore it. It was my dad's bed when he was a kid, it was mine when I was a kid, and now it's mine for good! A true treasure.


  Bedding detail


PROGRESS
- painted walls & door
- hardwood floors (previously carpet)
TO DO
- eventually (as in this is more of a wish than a "to do"), I'd love to replace the ceiling fan with a fun, modern light flixture
- I would like to spray paint all of the 8x10 dollar tree frames white at some point as well
SOURCES
Paint Color: Sherwin Williams Sea Salt
[Most furniture passed down within my family]
Right side table: Land of Nod Jenny Lind Nightstand
Bedding: Pottery Barn
Rope Mirrors: Target
White Floorlamp: Pottery Barn Kids Payton Base
Lamp Shade: Target Threshold Woven Lamp Shade
Rug: Home Goods
Map Throw Pillow: Society 6 Louis Armstrong Told Us So Throw Pillow
Prints: Design Love Fest "Dress Your Tech", French Press Mornings
8x10 Frames: Dollar Tree
White 11x14 Frames: Target RE Style
Small Dresser Top Mirrored Tray: Pottery Barn
Faux Hydrangeas: Wayfair (Similar)


Cheers Y'all Home Tour Index 



Cheers to all of the people we love who will occupy this little room!





Be sure to visit Taylor, my champagne sponsor! She's one of my fave DIY extrordinaires!
 

 Be sure to visit Taylor, my champagne sponsor! She's one of my fave DIY extraordinaires!

No comments:

Post a Comment