Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Wine Rack DIY [Guest Post]


Hi y'all!  I'm Taylor and I share my DIY projects and tasty recipes over at tattered to taylored!  I've been reading Elise's blog since it all began and feel honored to be sharing one of my DIY projects with you all today!


My home is currently in Dallas, TX,  I say currently, because I've been uprooted a few times now!   And I'm living in the kind of apartment i've always wanted, an urban loft!  I love to entertain so it wasn't a surprise when this was built in our home!  Now that I have an area to entertain, I needed a place to hang some wine glasses of course, but I didn't want a normal rack.  I wanted to hang my glasses at different levels, so I needed to DIY.  And being the frugal gal that I am I decided to take some tattered wire coat hangers and taylor them into industrial wine glass racks...


What you need:
wire coat hangers
wire cutters
screws
safety gloves


Cut into the hanger about six inches on both the top and bottom, leaving the far edges that connect the top and bottom intact.  So you'll be about to get two single glass racks out of one hanger.  Bend the edges of this hanger up so the glass has somewhere to sit.  Cut your pipe strapping so you have three holes in each strip using your wire cutters.  And of course, wear your safety gloves!


Screw in the top hole of your pipe strapping.  Next, slide in your coat hanger rack before securing it by screwing in a screw to the bottom hole of your pipe strapping.  


Make sure your new rack has its prongs lifted up slightly and not flat to prevent your glass from sliding out.  By having single racks you can place your glasses in fun new ways instead of straight lines!  You're now ready to party!  Just add wine and friends!


Be sure to stop by tattered to taylored to follow me on my DIY journey!  You can also find me on other fun places like instagram, twitter, and pintrest!




No comments:

Post a Comment