Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Owning It

Via

Own it. A two word life motto of mine that I adopted when Ensley and I lived together.

None of us are perfect. We don't have it all together. We have our quirks and our struggles. And that's quite alright. I believe that life is more about being a work in progress than a masterpiece. It's better to always strive for progress and grace than to always/only strive for perfection.

So own it. In whatever mess or stage you're in. Embrace it. Love it. Own it.

Here's a start...these are things I get to "own." Some serious and some not so serious. But I'm owning them all regardless! :): 
- Showering daily is just not my jam.
- I love Keeping Up with the Kardashians and can be heard loudly lol-ing at it from another room.
- I'm more of a black and white person than being good at gray area/moderation.
- I am extremely sensitive to [and passionate about] marriage/divorce/the meaning of marriage vows as a result of my own family.
- I love to sing and lead worship but I don't like karaoke. Never done it and don't plan to. Being the center of attention makes me uncomfortable.
- Hope has always been and will be the more fun sista. And I'm 100% cool with that. :)
- I still struggle with fears as a result of "daddy wounds" and sometimes that plays out in my own marriage.
- I have never been nor will ever be a runner. I just don't think running more than 2 miles is fun...
- ...but wanna walk and talk for like 6 miles?! Best girl talk time ever.
- I wish I were more generous. I feel like I can always work on that.
- I still love Britney. And Justin. And especially the era of Britney & Justin together.
- I'm not competitive.
- I'm not career driven either. I never wanted to be more than a classroom teacher. And I chose that as a job for 4 years because the truth is -- I can just plain old own the fact that I've always dreamed of being a stay at home mommy to a lot of kiddos. Some would say that it's not ambitious enough. And that's okay with me. :)

Own it! Will you share some of the things you get to boldly and courageously own?
 
 
Be sure to visit Taylor, my champagne sponsor! She's one of my fave DIY extrordinaires! 

No comments:

Post a Comment