Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Home Tour | Mudroom

Cheer Y'all Home Tour Index

This little room is tucked right off our kitchen and right beside the garage door. It's simple. Little. We use it everyday. And I love it.

Not sure what they used this room as before? It was empty when we looked at the house. 
Yellow and holding one empty wire rack that I had removed before it was repainted.

View from the kitchen.

Welcome to our simple yet practical little mudroom. :)
We kick off our shoes when we come in and throw them in this bench.

I adore this little hanging rack. I think it's so lovely.
It's pretty bare now, but I'm sure it will be filled with coats come winter!

Throw pillows make me notoriously happy. Truth be told...I stuffed 2 lumbar sized pillows into these. I'll eventually "splurge" on the correct sized pillow. I didn't want to go ahead and buy two more pillows when I had two unused pillows laying in the closet! You frugal folks feel me. ;) Also: note the nailhead studs on this bench...my favorite part!

Lovely little details. Still obsessed with that hanging rack and its rustic look. Even Mark noticed and liked that about it! 
And remember...don't forget to paint your light switch plates too! :)

And my Rugs USA obsession continues...

I [finally] hung this guy up on the wall last week, which is why it's not covered in pictures and old mail yet. :)
It formerly hung over my desk through middle and high school.
 
PROGRESS
Painted walls and doors
Removed wall-to-wall iron rack

TO DO
Nada? I previously wanted to line 3/4 of the wall with beadboard and a ledge...but I'm still so in love with this gray, I think I've changed my mind. I don't want to cover it up!

SOURCES
Paint Color: Sherwin Williams Silverplate (Obsessed. Best gray ever.)
Door Color: Sherwin Williams Urbane Bronze
Bench: On clearance at Home Goods
Throw Pillow Covers: Society 6 | Gosh You're So Awesome; Beach
Hanging Rack: Home Goods
Metal H: Hobby Lobby (Thanks to Mallory @ Charming in Charlotte for the tip when they were 50% off!)
Pink flower hanger: So old! Was in my room as a little girl!! 
Rug: Rugs USA Spectrum Trellis GD40 Ivory (Purchased at 80% off; currently 80% off!)
Bulletin Board: Old and custom ordered but definitely DIY-able :)

Cheers Y'all Home Tour Index 

Cheers to small yet practical spaces! 

Be sure to visit Taylor, my champagne sponsor! She's one of my fave DIY extrordinaires!



  
  Be sure to visit Taylor, my champagne sponsor! She's one of my fave DIY extraordinaires!

No comments:

Post a Comment