Monday, July 28, 2014

Girls Beach Weekend

Via
"...whoever refreshes others will be refreshed."
Proverbs 11:25

In a word: refreshing. That's what this weekend was for us.
5 gals. (One dearly missed!!)
Lots of talking. Encouraging. Listening. Sharing life.
I am so thankful for each of these souls and how beautifully they have impacted [and will continue to impact!] my life.

FRIDAY
Of course we spent an hour sitting in the living room chatting after their arrival. We cooked up some Mexican for dinner and headed to the beach with a blanket and some cake balls to watch the sunset. It wound up being too cloudy to even see the sun, but we didn't mind. :)
 
They're here!!! (Minus Sarah who arrived the next morning!)

 
 Cloudy evening on the WB South End.

SATURDAY
From breakfast to beach day!

 It could not have been a more gorgeous day.
It seems like no pictures ever capture how perfect and turquoise the water is here in Wrightsville.


After several hours in the sun, I knew I wanted to take the girls to SurfBerry -- one of my favorite local spots on the island. 
I have to keep spreading and sharing my acai bowl obsession. :)
 
Lindsay + baby girl Sadie are definitely new acai bowl fans.


After beachin' we headed home to get all dolled up and headed downtown.
Not gonna lie...getting ready all together in our master bathroom was oh so fun!!

 I crushed on some of these treasures at Dang! Southern Chic in downtown Wilmy.

 Riverwalk sunset over the battleship

I so loved having these soul sisters of mine were in Wilmy, my "new" home!!!

When we got back home, we changed into our comfies and pretty much had a good old fashioned slumber party. Happy hearts.

SUNDAY
The ladies got back home to hubbies and kiddos that morning.
Tina was sad and wanted to snuggle for the rest of the day since her girlfriends were gone. :)

Hey! Where'd everyone go?

I hope your weekends were full of joy + refreshment too!
And--even more than that--I hope you have friends like these! Sisters in Christ. Distance has nothing on us. :)
 
Happy Monday!
 
Be sure to visit Taylor, my champagne sponsor! She's one of my fave DIY extrordinaires! 
  Be sure to visit Taylor, my champagne sponsor! She's one of my fave DIY extraordinaires!

No comments:

Post a Comment