Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Under $20 Christmas Toys for Baby (and where to buy them on Black Friday)

A Christmas list for Nancy!!! Okay, okay. I know that this is really my list, not Nancy's. I realize that she will be much more into eating wrapping paper and attempting to pull lights and ornaments off the tree than actually unwrapping a gift and seeing what's inside. With that said, as frugal as I tend to be, this is my excuse to spend a little on my gal. Every item on this list is under $20 (minus the nativity set--which is $34). Most of it is a good bit under $20, so have at it! 

I also made a list to help my family get an idea or two for the little Pie gifts with things we "need." You know what I mean. Not need need but would like to have. :) I know I'll be eating my words in the years to come with the stuff that piles up, but for now--although I'm up to my ears in books as a former kindergarten teacher--we really don't have many toys. (Mamas of multiple kids, I hear you laughing already.) But really! We could use a few more toys in our house because I can literally count  the actual toys we have on one hand. With that backstory in mind, here is Nancy's Christmas list for 2015! 


1 | VTech Touch & Swipe Phone | Just like mommy :) I'm sure she won't be fooled.

2 | VTech Remote Control | But maybe she'll be fooled by this one?! Please yes. Nancy is remote OBSESSED.

3 | VTech Walker  | I am so excited about this one I want to give it to her now. I might not last till Christmas. She is cray and prefers standing to sitting, so I know she'll love this. 

4 | Melissa & Doug Creation Stacking Blocks | I love Melissa & Doug and I love their creation option instead of the typical 1-10 block stacking set. What a fun way integrate talking about creation into playing with blocks. :)

5 | Singing Soccer Ball | This one goes out to Nancy and my hubby. The only ball Nancy currently plays with is Amelia's plastic toy ball. Mark will be excited to have her first soccer ball in the house. He'll probably call it a football and it might be confusing later, but I'll love it.

6 | Bath Numbers & Letters | Our one bath toy is a rubber duck that was made for hotel guests to take home with them from our trip to England.  These foam letters are classic and of course good for letter (and letter sound!) and number recognition.

7 | Animal Bath Toys | Another bath toy hopeful, these little guys look fun. I'm already anticipating watching and listening as Nancy learns animal sounds.

8 | Little People Nativity Set | Okay this is the one "splurge" that's over $20. (Not by too much though.) The little girlies I nannied for in Wilmington have it and still played with it all the time at age 5; therefore, I can see this getting a lot of use in our home Christmas after Christmas for years to come!

9 | Melissa & Doug 50 Piece ABC/123 Block Set | A classic! And, yep, it's also good for letter and number recognition. You can take the teacher out of the classroom, but... :) 


One last little (big!) nugget. The above links are Amazon Prime, which I know and love with that 2-day shipping. BUT! Black Friday is around the corner, and Target is running a deal on toys (BUY ONE GET ONE 50% OFF) for brands like Melissa & Doug and Vtech. They also have free shipping through Christmas! Here are the links to the items the items above that can be found at Target for Buy One Get One 50% on Black Friday: Walker | Wooden Blocks | Creation Blocks not found but Target has them in these styles: Shapes + Colors, Alphabet 

Here are some more Vtech and Melissa & Doug ideas (I so love this classic brand!) for the Target buy one get one 50% off Black Friday sale. You can mix and match the brands as well. It doesn't have to be 2 Vtech or 2 Melissa & Doug, for example. :)

Though you won't see me at the mall or at the store come Friday, I will be snagging these deals from the comfort of my laptop at home. Happy Christmas shopping! I'll be hitting up this goodness. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment