Thursday, November 5, 2015

One Room Challenge | Week 5

Previously:
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
[Week 4 didn't happen because bleh.]

I'm baaaack! And I totally made up for lost time this week. The room is REALLY starting to come together...so much that I can only show you sneaky pics so we can save the big reveal for next week! Here's a preview of what we've got goin' on, y'all...WOO! 

Remember the bedside table choices I showed y'all in week 3? Well, I didn't choose any of them. Truth be told, I chose the nesting tables, and then they were no longer available. Womp. BUT! My mama spotted these. Much to my bargain-loving delight, they were also nearly half the price of the nesting tables anyhow. Winning! I was excited to welcome a bit of symmetry into the room with these two new pieces.

 Side Tables

Then the day before yesterday I hit the total jackpot when I scored this painting for above the bed for $50 on a local Facebook group. I'm obsessed with it. I literally walk by this room and stop to stare at its beauty. I've even been keeping the door open just so I can enjoy it when I walk by. (The door was previously always closed because...eww. And clutter. I pretended the former junk room wasn't behind the closed door.) I can't wait to show y'all the full thing. Remember my inspiration pics? This is even better than any of those paintings!!!!


Last, but not least I made the clutch decision to relocate this tray from lying on our den coffee table 2 poufs pushed together to the guest room bed. Nancy has started to get into everything, so goodbye lovely staged tray in the den! It now has a happy home on the guest bed. The simple switch makes the room look so inviting.

Tray is Pottery Barn, no longer available (Similar) | Faux Hydrangeas (they come in a set of 3!)

Here's what's up (or really what's left) leading to the big reveal next Thursday:

TO DO LIST
Find/purchase/thrift: curtain rodscurtains, matching/similar nightstandswhite bedding, art for above the bed (?), lamps,  a bench (?)
Install curtain hardware + curtains
Declutter/sell/find a place for/get rid of ALL JUNK *(Almost finished! Just the jewelry to sort out now!)
Replace fixture
Actually organize and file the monster pile of papers in the closet
Makeover the file cabinet
Repair H pillow (not happening--it's too ivory for the new white bedding!)


Think I can pull it off? I hope so!!! 


Be sure to visit all other bloggers who are participating in this 6 week challenge. Let's all root each other on!


No comments:

Post a Comment