Thursday, November 19, 2015

Master Bedroom Reimagining

Biggest One Room Challenge Pro: I put my heart into our little guest bedroom for 6 weeks and turned it into a fun, motivating, FINISHED project.
Biggest One Room Challenge Con: Completing this bedroom further shines the spotlight on our very unfinished, blah bedroom.

...seriously. Womp. When I finished our guest bedroom, my husband walked in and said, "It looks really good in here. We should sleep in this bed or something." Sigh. True. Nancy's nursery is my favorite room in our house. Then I gave the guest room my love and dedication. And then there's our bedroom. It's pretty much a hot mess right now. Nothing on the walls. Wires chilling on the floor. Furniture that we've already decided needs rearranging but we haven't done it yet. Sigh. It's white in here because white is peaceful to me...only, our room is far from peaceful at the moment. This room of ours needs some TLC. Badly!

We're playing a little game of musical beds within my family, and--much to my surprise--there's a king mattress and boxspring without a home. (!!!!!) Mark and I only sleep in kings at hotels or weekend getaways, and we feel like a king (and queen) with all that space. King bed = dream status. And now it's dream status come true?! It's going to take a biiiit of hearty imagination because our little bedroom can barely fit a king in it. It's gonna be a tight squeeze, y'all. But we're doing it. Here are my visions and inspiration so far. I'm excited to finally settle into this master bedroom of ours.

Mom (my personal interior designer...but really...thanks mommy!) and I went to the design center yesterday to look for headboard fabric. I'm dreaming of a tall, tufted headboard. Tall, tall. Like...7' tall. With soft fabric. The faux suede swatches above are my current contenders (minus the stark white which I'm using as a visual contrast to the other options). We also happened to bump into this amazing ikat fabric with all of my most favorite design colors and decided we needed to incorporate it into an accent pillow or two somehow. It's too "me "to resist Ikat! Bright white! Gray! Blue gray! (AKA all of our wedding colors) If I were a fabric, this would be it. (Weird thought.) So basically it needs to be in my life ASAP.

 Here are the headboard swatches closer up (and in better light). The walls in our bedroom are SW Pearly White (and look nothing like the color on the computer screen, FYI). It's also important to note that I am not at all intimidated or bored with an all white bedroom. White is peaceful (and bleachable) to me.

So, all of that to say/ask...y'all. Any favorite white bedding reccommendations? I love a white bed. I'll bring in a little color through the "Elise" fabric with accent pillows and I'll make it less boring through texture and/or layers. Any suggestions on where to start? We currently have this quilt, and I'm strongly considering purchasing the same one in a king. I just love it so much. But I have so many ideas floating in my head!! For example: right now we sleep under the quilt and have a duvet folded at the bottom. Do I do that again? Or the opposite and have a quilt at the bottom? Or another layering combination?! AHHHH! Staring at Pottery Barn beds in the catalog has me all confused. I don't know what to pick first.

Here is some brainstorming on my end...

White bedding inspiration:


Tufted headboard shape ideas (disregard color!): 
If you made it though that stream of consciousness that was mostly me sorting my ideas out in writing, then cheers to you. You're a gem. Thank you. :)  And cheers to this new project! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment