Sunday, November 22, 2015

Little Things Thankfulness

Via
A few little things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving week...
  • That my brother got into college!!!! Early decision! Wake Forest! With a crazy quick turnaround on a Friday night when none of us happened to have big plans. Dropping everything to surprise and celebrate him.
  • Purchasing this 6' skinny tree (for $13.50!). It fits perfectly on our little hearth in the den. We'll have our real tree in the living room, but I wanted one in plain site from the part of the house we're in all the time too. :)
  • Christmas lights.
  • Seeing my extended family in a few days at my grandparents' farm.
  • Birthdays and birth days. 
  • Christmas socks from the dollar spot at Target.
  • My little family. I've been feeling overwhelmingly grateful for and in love with these people lately. 
[Noteworthy: I am obsessed with my new sweater. I mean sweaterssss. I got one in the above color and another in dark emerald. Swing style? Turtleneck? $35? Excuse me while I wear them on repeat from now till spring.]
  • Baby girls in traditional smocked dresses and bows.
  • Marriage in general. I'm really thankful I get to do the mundane parts of life alongside my husband.
  • Our church. Our life group.
  • Making big leaps and dreaming big dreams for Cheers Y'all in 2016!
  • How much my mom helps me. She is so selfless. One small example? She watches Nancy every weekday for an hour so I can go work out. I can't tell you how much that helps my mental sanity!!!! 
  • Hopey's cute little baby bump and that precious life she's carrying!
  • Living in Charlotte around my family. The way people just show up unannounced to love on and see our little girl.
  • Technology that makes it easy for our English family to keep up with our growing little girl.
  • Coffee (duh).
  • Nancy's new pajamas. She wore them all day Sunday too because I couldn't bear to take them off of her. Another little thing I'm thankful for? Zippers over snaps. (Can I get a mama-filled AMEN?) 
  • That Nancy and I got into our pajamas at 5pm on Saturday.
  • This song. And this song. And this one too. Singing them over Nancy at bedtime.
  • Stalking the video monitor on Saturday night when Nancy woke up and Mark walked around the room with her while playing this and then this form his phone. 
  • The fact that Mark and I spent Saturday night splitting a bottle of wine, eating frozen pizza, snuggling on one of our oversize club chairs, watching 4 episodes of Parenthood, and talking about our life and what's yet to come for our family. 
  • Sleeping in a flannel sandwich every night.
  • The way Tina and Nancy play together everyday. 
  • Basically every single little thing my little girl says and does.
  • Our home. Being a homebody and loving making this place our own.
  • The way that Mark loves to work out in the yard and has no problem leaving all of the interior design decisions to me. :)
  • A 3 day work week for my hubby.
Via

Happy Thanksgiving week, y'all! I am so grateful that I get to share my life and my heart with each of you! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment