Thursday, November 12, 2015

One Room Challenge | Coastal Chic Guest Room Reveal

CHEERS! Let's start with a celebratory toast (with your coffee or whatever you're drinking!), because why the heck not?! I pulled it of!! 6 weeks with the One Room Challenge was absolutely the motivation I needed to turn this space from the post-move-I-don't-know-where-to-put-this room to this. It's calm. It's light. It's airy. It mixes modern and traditional. It's coastal inspired. It's very "Elise." Our hearts so love the beach (we lived 2 miles from Wrightsville for 2 years!), and little pieces of that are reflected in this space.

Before the reveal, here's a chance to catch up on how we started. Remember?
Week 1 | The Ugly Truth + Inspiration
Week 2 | Curtains, Hardware, and Bedding Selection
Week 3 | Progress + Nightstand Options
[Week 4 didn't happen because bleh.]
Week 5 | Pulling It Together

And now...(EEEEE!!!!)...welcome to our coastal chic guest bedroom. Come on in, and stay a while!









 Cozy welcome essentials for the guest room: water decanter (similar), a lovely smelling candle, coasters, and some current magazines (or in this case, the latest RH holiday catalogues...swoon)!


 Special touch: all of the  seashells in this room were collected by yours truly while we lived in Wilmington, NC. 


  Would you believe that between Mark, Spyros, Hope and I, we brought these coral rocks home with us in our luggage from the Bahamas?! Weirdos! True.



Well, what do y'all think? I had so much fun creating this space. I wanted to keep it kind of minimal too so my guests can have lots of space without clutter. My in laws are staying here for 2 weeks come April. I was thinking about their stay lots during this process! Additionally, the seaside neutral color palette has always been (and will always be) so me. If you're new here, hi! And welcome!! I'm so glad you hopped over. Follow along, and let's connect! Here are some other posts you might like...

Our Living Room {an eerily similar color palette ;)}
Think Before You Paint: 7 Thoughts to Consider 
Painting our QC Home
Mixing Modern and Traditional in the Home

Last but not least, here is the full source list in case your wondering about any details from this post.

SOURCES
Paint Color: SW Sea Salt (which I have coined as my signature color)
Interior Doors: SW Anonymous
Bed, Secretary: Antique Family Heirlooms
Lamps + Poufs: Hand-me-downs from my mama
Curtains 
Hardware, spray painted silver
Bedding: White Quilt + Shams | Comforter + Shams from Pottery Barn 3 years ago
Faux Mongolian Fur Throw Pillow
Nightstands 
Art: thrifted from a local FB group :)
Nautical Rope Mirros: Target, old
Faux Hydrangeas
Wicker Tray: Pottery Barn, no longer available (similar)
White Gallery Frames
Water Decanter (similar)
Throw


Be sure to visit all other bloggers who are participating in this 6 week challenge. Let's all root each other on!

Now let's end where we began...CHEERS! And happy reveal day to all my fellow ORC Guest Participants. I can't wait to stalk the lovely  spaces you've created!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment