Wednesday, November 11, 2015

If You Liked It Then You Shoulda Put A Wreath On It

I'm not talking about your doors. Or your windows. Y'all, the easiest ticket (ever) to an effortless holiday tablescape or vignette is laying a wreath flat, smack dab in the middle of the table! Okay. Rewind. I admit it. I love oooh-ing and aaah-ing over all the fancy shamncy holiday tables set Pottery-Barn-perfectly on Pinterest. I love them. I really do. (Um, they're beautiful.) But is that realistic life for me? Aw naw. So! Allow me to introduce the wreath trick. By lying a holiday wreath on your table, all of the sudden you have symmetry and texture. Add a little goodness in the middle, and voila! You now have the loveliest tablescape (and it took you less than 5 minutes to throw together). (You're welcome.) I have proof. This took me less than 5 minutes if you want to get technical.

Wreath (also available in gold) | Placemats
If you're joining me at Move Loot tonight, I'll be hosting as we DIY that hurricane holder + glitter faux evergreen. YAY! 

Here are some inspiration pictures I've wrangled to so inspire your wreath-on-the-table skills.

Via
You had me at glitter candles. Sprinkle some ornaments around. Boom.

Via
All of the lights. All of the pinecones. And done.

Via
The beauty of simplicity: a neutral runner, evergreen wreathes, and pillar candles. 

Via
Add that cake stand you're not using for more height.


Via
Don't limit yourself to green! I love this red wreath + cake stand + pillar candle combo too.


Instagram
This one? By yours truly. I slaved over it for all of 30 seconds. (Duh.)
I used this wreath that's available in silver and gold from Target this season.


Via
This mossy wreath + apple center is perfect for transitioning from fall to winter.


Via
Simple evergreen wreath (then swoon over everything else in this room)!

Via
Love this idea for the middle: a bowl full of ornaments. (Hint: lacking extra ornaments? Hit up the Dollar Tree! Seriously.)

Via
More simplicity to love.

Via
When in doubt: pine cones + candles.


Via
Okay, now that you're an expert, don't limit yourself to the table! I love this wreath + white pumpkin + stool combo. 

So now...go get a wreath? I know. It's early November, so live wreaths generally aren't available yet. Here's my idea: invest in a wreath that embodies your holiday style (traditional, glittery, red, metallic, bold, bright, etc.) and buy one to use for-eva. Why not make it easier on yourself (year after year)? Have at it! I've rounded up some of my favorite options in various styles for you:
P.S. Mama, you taught me about this little trick, so thanks for that. ;) Credit goes to YOU! I LOVE YOU! 

No comments:

Post a Comment