Monday, November 9, 2015

The Round Up...

...a little bit of this and that post weekend:

  • I gasped when I saw this display at Target. Mark was not impressed with how many minutes I stood in front of the display touching and flipping through every planner (and then going back by one last time to double check my decision). 
Click above to view the planners. And remember that Target has free shipping on ALL orders through the end of the year. 
I decided to go with one of these planners for 2016 because since having Nancy, I don't carry my 2015 planner around with me anymore. As much as I love it, it's too bulky  in my already hefty diaper bag, so for 2016 I chose this lovely. So beautiful. A big monthly spread, one page on the left for the weekly layout complimented with the right page with space for notes/lists/to dos. Happy sigh. :) It's ridiculous how much joy a simple planner can spark for a Type A like moi.

  • Other Target purchases included these (they twinkle!) and this for Nancy's playroom. It's an oh so happy, a little tacky, joyful place in that space right now! She's mesmerized. 
  • Speaking of Nancy's playroom, I hung her shelves, pompom garland, and ABC Scripture cards this weekend too! You might've caught a peek on Instagram. :)
  • My mama grew up with the tradition of matching pajamas with her sisters. Hope and I (still) love it. Whenever our extended family was together on Christmas Eve, we would match with all of our cousins! Mom let me choose my pick for this year. I'm excited to match with my little Pie girl! (And Tina!)
  • Mark asked me about four times last week what I wanted for Christmas. I struggled to name anything other than re-doing our bathrooms, which isn't really a Christmas present. Hmm. So Hope came over and watched Nancy, and Mark and I strolled through the mall to get ideas. It was a fun little day date. Here are some of my picks: Hunter boots | slippers | workout pants | more workout pants
  • My brother and his girlfriend brought us Duck Donuts to try. Holy moly. Worth the hype. They were so good. I chose vanilla icing & rainbow sprinkles and then proceeded to try every other flavor in the box. Mark ordered lemon icing with bacon because he is special.
  • Also when my brother came over, Nancy crawled into his lap. I melted. (I just about cry every time she crawls into mine!)  

  • We ate in the dining room for the first time this weekend! It was a really fancy meal. (Read: take out from Rusty's Deli).
  • Nancy is teething like crazy. She woke up almost every hour on Saturday night. When she woke up on Sunday, I could feel a tooth poking through her bottom gum. I cried because of all the feels: relief that the nightwaking had a reason, sheer exhaustion, thinking about my baby growing up, realizing she's going to start looking so different and so much older...I could go on. All the freakin' feels! Can't believe her first tooth is well on the way. Sigh.
  • Nancy continues to be completely bonkers and spent the weekend basically making obstacle courses for herself. She climbed over a box box and pulled up on the ottoman to get the remote. And she also pulled up on her exersaucer (which has a curved bottom/isn't even stable!) multiple times. SHE CRAY. We love celebrating these milestones with her, but I have to admit...at the same time we're like WHYYYYYY SO EARLY!? 
  • Totally perused my beloved ON's Veterans Day sale. I'm dreaming of matching in plaid with Nancy. The ruffle baby leggings in plaid?! Seriously!? THE cuteness.



  • I'm ready to bring down the Christmas decorations. They're still in the attic. But I've waited longer than usual this year. I think it's time.
  • Mark and I are FINALLY on board the Parenthood train. The Netflix binge has been so fun, snuggly, and full of tears from me just about every episode. I feel like I'm watching a grown up 7th Heaven. SOOOO GOOOD. 
  • In a nutshell, my weekend looked like this. Slow. Lots of family time. Lots and lots of snuggles and hand/finger holding. :)
(P.S. Target has lots of $1 Christmas socks right now in the Dollar Spot!)


Happy Monday, friends! Hope you all had wonderful weekends!

No comments:

Post a Comment