Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Thanksgiving 2015 is in the books! There's something about holidays with a child that makes them refreshingly new, exciting, and full of wonder. Nancy was the cutest (and sweetest) pie at our Thanksgiving table.


 Nancy's first Thanksgiving

Nancy loved snuggling with our family all day! She is also obsessed with my brother. It's so cute. She gives him the biggest smiles and is always crawling to him.

 4 generations. These women are my rocks, my encouragers, and they breathe life into my mama heart and soul like no one else!

 Somebody loooooooovveees her Mimi.

 After playing photographer for us girls, Mark wanted to steal a shot with his boy, St. Francis.

 My Mimi always sets the table perfectly and uses her beloved turkey plates! I still sit at the kid table (seen at the back). I love the kid table. Always and forever.

 Why does it look like mush but taste soooooo gooooood?

 Might be my favorite pic of the weekend. My sissy always sweetly volunteers to put Nancy down for her naps. She's always has been/is/will be the best mama.

 Family checking out Papaw's new twin calves.

We wrapped up the day with another Panthers win. I enjoyed changing into my yoga pants and jersey for gametime. Clutch decision to pack that outfit change. It was so fun having our home team play on Thanksgiving day! After the game we ate some more (duh) and played Scrabble before heading back to our casa.

For the rest of the weekend, Marky and I tackled a "to do" list that we made on my phone. We conquered all sorts of homeowner tasks with multiple trips to Lowe's, cleaning out the laundry room closets, reinstalling doors, removing the fireplace screen, painting touch ups, painting shelves, beginning to build stairs for our patio...the list goes on. And on. And on. (I am so glad my husband is so handy.)

 
We were happy to put a pause on our to do list to celebrate this special woman. My Mimi turned 80 this weekend...perfectly timed with having the whole family in town to celebrate.

You might've caught these two in Instagram. Watching for Daddy to get home from Lowe's. These two.

All in all: family is everything, and I am so thankful for mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment