Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Pregnancy | 21 Weeks


How Far Along: 21 weeks. Cannot BELEIVE it's all downhill from here time wise! 

Size of Baby: A banana! About a 7" and 10oz. Growing like a weed!

Fun Fact: Baby sleeps about 14 hours a day. Even cooler: she now has REM sleep which means she might be dreaming! How crazy and amazing is that?! Blows my mind!

Gender: Our little girl, Nancy Hope Houston!

Movement: YES! I felt her for the first time from the outside this week. On Monday night, Mark felt her!!!! It was such a precious moment. I was laying on the couch and he was waiting with his hands on my tummy...along with cupping his hands and talking into it telling her to move for her Daddy. I tried to hold back the laughter long enough for him to feel her dancing around. And he did! He said it felt like my stomach grumbling because she's so small. I agree with him on that one -- just slight little tummy movements. No pokes of protruding limbs yet. :) I can feel her flipping and looping around (from the outside too) like crazy though at some points during the day.

Sleep: Been sleeping great! Since my bump isn't big yet, I'm able to get some sleep on my stomach too. 

Workouts: PB x 4 -- I'm still staying in plank for 90 sec unmodified, which I'm pumped about. I'll of course drop to my knees when the bump is bigger/it puts pressure on my lower back. I can also still touch my nose to my knees (in double seat stretch) and my head to the ground (in wide straddle stretch) which I'm savoring because I don't feel like I'll have too many more weeks of being able to do that! Stretching through this pregnancy sure does feel good. I thank Pure Barre for that!

Maternity Clothes: I wore my jeans/"nancypants" once this week. Oh! My Target online Black Friday purchases came in. I got some maternity stapes for 40% off: black, white, and gray long sleeved shirts and a belly band. I got the belly band out when I put on my [regular] distressed Gap skinny jeans this week. buuuut I didn't need it yet! They still button! I'm going to attribute that to the fact that they have a liiiiilte bit of spandex in them and the bump still has a lot of growing to do. 

With my Nancypants and my new black maternity top. I'm a maternity top fan.
And, yes, I'm still in the stage of "is she preg or is she letting it all hang out?" Ha! Embracing it.

Symptoms: I've honestly been feeling great! Someone asks me how I'm feeling at least once a day. :) So far this pregnancy has treated me really well. I am grateful! And I love that I'm not tried all the time like first trimester. It's nice to go to bed the same time as my husband these days. 

Cravings/Aversions: This is terrible in my little world, but I've been craving soda. Before pregnancy, it had been nearly a couple of years since I'd had a coke or diet coke. I've totally indulged in a few over that past few weeks. Eeek! 

Missing Most: Nothing at all. Super happy being back to "normal, mundane" life with my hubby and pup all week. Picking up after him every morning is included in that. I honestly missed doing it as much as it drives me crazy. :)

Nursery: Nothing to report this week. Will probably get my registry going more when I head back to Charlotte for Christmas. Charlotte stores > Wilmy stores

Hubby: Where do I begin? We had such a sweet week together after our week apart. My favorite moment (besides him feeling her move for the first time!) was on the way to get our Christmas tree. I was sitting shotgun with Tina in tow. He looked over at us and said, "Look. My three girls all in one seat together." I love that we're his three girls. :) CHEESE. But seriously I'm even smiling all cheeseball as I type it. Oh! And speaking of riding shotgun, he called me late one night this weekend while I was babysitting and he was driving home from a boys night. I said "Hello? HELLO?" a couple of times before realizing it wasn't a butt dial. He was blaring our current jam, Tim McGraw's "Shotgun Rider" for me to hear on the other end of the phone. My preg self totally teared up. (Who am I kidding? I'm a crier anyway.) 


Are you about to vom yet? Sorry!!! It was just so good to be back together again.

Best Part of the Week: The moments listed above! Booking our babymoon! And also decorating our home for Christmas! There's something even more special about it this year since this home is actually "ours."

Our beautiful tree! :)

Can't Wait For: One more anatomy ultrasound on Thursday so they can get the shots they couldn't get right at 20 weeks. Can't wait to see our little girl on the screen!

Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12  | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Weeks 19 and 20 | Week 21

No comments:

Post a Comment