Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Pregnancy | 19 + 20 Weeks


How Far Along: 19 weeks -- can't believe next week I'll be halfway through!

Size of Baby: A little zucchini! 6" and about half a pound!

Gender: Our sweet girl, Nancy Hope Houston!


Movement: I can feel her a little bit everyday...but still just me. :)

Sleep: Well for the most part. Had a couple mornings where I woke up at 4 and couldn't get back to sleep for a while.

Workouts: 1 Pure Barre and 3 Hilliard Studio Method workouts!

Maternity Clothes: Wore my maternity jeans for the first time this week. Lizzie says I should call all maternity pants "nancypants." I love it. Other than that, still lots of leggings.

Symptoms: Congestion at night, some headaches...nothing to complain about!

Cravings/Aversions: Seem to be simmering down for now

Missing Most: Well, Marky left on Monday to back to Wilmington while I stay in Charlotte for the coming week. I miss him so much already. I cried telling him and Amelia goodbye. Absolutely hate being apart from my hubby (and pup!)!

This snugglepup has been extra snuggly with her mama as of late. I'm loving it.

Nursery: Played in Pottery Barn Kids at the mall with Hope and Mommy this week. Think I have her bedding picked out!

Hubby: And I will be apart from Monday-Monday. Sigh. Loved that when he left to go back to Wilmy, said goodbye to "Nancypup." Love that we can call her by name now. Let the nicknames begin. :)

Best Part of the Week: Our gender reveal! Being reunited with our family! Becoming Harper Charlotte's (AKA Nancy's future BFF) godparents! The joy overflowed like crazy this week. Thank you, God for our abundant blessings!

Meeting our goddaughter (and Nancy's future BFF), Harper Charlotte.

Can't Wait For: Being reunited with my hubby and pup. Don't like separation at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How Far Along: 20 weeks...HALFWAY! 

Size of Baby: about 6.5" and 10 oz...a mango

Gender: Nancy Hope Houston, we love you so!

Movement: Still just me. I was hoping that I wouldn't be able to feel her from the outside while Mark and I were apart for 8 days. That's a memory I want to make with him first! Little babe held out...and now I'm anticipating these movements majorly!

Sleep: Slept well, just missed Mark and Tina in bed with me. It's seriously lonely without them and their snuggles.

On the plus side, I did get to spend the nights at my mom's snuggling with this old girl. Sophie, our whippet, and I used to sleep together every night. She is 13 and has a heart murmur that will limit her time even more, so I cherished getting to share a bed with her just like the old days. :) (P.S. I took this picture after a middle of the night tinkle break. I walked back into the room, felt like she was staring at me, flipped on the lights, and this. Had to document. Apparently we teach our dogs that they're humans.)

Workouts: ILM to CLT to ATL to CLT to ILM for Thanksgiving means I only squeezed in 2 Hilliard Studio Method workouts with mom this week. Back to the grind now that I'm back in ILM till Christmas!

Maternity Clothes: Wore my "nancypants"/maternity jeans again once. Other than that, regular leggings are still dominating (which is no surprise since they're my go-to every fall/winter).

Symptoms: Hormones?! I had my first big pregnancy meltdown. I made it 6 nights away from Mark till I just lost it. I'm talking like sobs so big that I started laughing at the same time because I couldn't control it!!! But in all seriousness, I really missed him and a part of me thinks I would've reacted the same way without being pregnant. I just loathe being away from him (and Tina).

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing really because I was too busy eating unhealthy Thanksgiving food all week long.

Nancy Hope and I in Hopey's room pre-Thanksgiving lunch.

Missing Most: It was Marky for most of the week! But we were reunited on Monday. Thank goodness! 8 nights apart was our longest stint since being married, and I didn't like it one bit (though I did treasure getting to savor some sweet moments with my family who I have been missing too! I just wish I could've been with my family AND Marky! ;)).

My little brother, Eric, was my super handsome date in ATL for our cousin's deb ball! 
All the sudden he can drive a car and now looks super grown up (and handsome). AHH!

Nursery: I may or may not have attacked your Pinterest feed on Monday night. :)


Hubby: Was extra precious while we were apart. Lots of checking in on Nancy and me. Lots of words of affirmation. I just adore him so much!

Best Part of the Week: Hearing people refer to Nancy by name. I love that she has a little identity now. I seriously love the nanchalant Nancy name drops mid-conversation with family and friends. They make my heart skip a beat!

Can't Wait For: Decorating our Christmas tree together. Last Christmas as just us!

Speaking of Christmas, I happened upon this picture on Instagram from last year.
Little did I know while addressing this Christmas card that her namesake would be in my tummy 1 year later. God is good. :)
 
 That bump has started to migrate up a little bit, don't you think!? :)

Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12  | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Week 20

No comments:

Post a Comment