Thursday, March 20, 2014

"Consider the lilies..."


YAY! Happy first official day of spring!

Celebrate with me in declaring these Truths...

Source
Source
Source

I adore the Scriptural encouragement above. "Consider the lilies." Isn't it mind boggling that God would give flowers that much beauty, attention, nurturing, and detail?! How wonderfully He created the flowers! And to think...if He put that much creativity and life into the flowers...how much more does he love us!? The crown jewel of His creation. The last thing he made. Us. Man and woman.

Yes, we [as humans] have sin as a result of The Fall (Genesis 3). But He can make us new! He makes beautiful things out of us...no matter how lost we feel or how far away form Him we've run.

I'm leaving you with a song. Because I love music. A lot. I hadn't heard this song until a few years ago when it was on the set list for worship at my church in Charlotte a few years ago. I had the honor of helping lead it (well, the girl part, at least ;)). 

I listened to the song again last night, thought of my post yesterday, and smiled. What grace. Little did I know how new and whole, holy and complete He was making me as I sang those words.

"You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust.
You amke beautiful things
You make beauitful things out of us
....
You make me new
You are making me new."
Gungor


Pop on over to The Birdie Bowl to visit my sweet sponsor, Khala!
 

20 comments:

  1. I LOVEEEEEE THAT SONG. It almost made it into my ceremony music! Just beautiful- that, and those visual scriptures and your heart. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God for Spring & making all things new!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your posts are such an inspiration and wonderful way to start my day! What a beautiful song and so true, sometimes we forget how beautiful this world is cause we are so wrapped up in worrying about things we forget to stop and look at all the beautiful things god has created!

    happy spring

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this song. Great way to start the day. Love you sissyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great way to start Spring. I love that verse, Matthew 6:28. You're right, it's amazing to think that he put so much work into just a flower and so much MORE work into us. Beautiful post, love! Happy first day of Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What. Wonderful reminder of God's glory. Happy first day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those lyrics! So beautiful. (=

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this song, now I'm going to be singing it all day :) That's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How precious is it that He makes all things new! This post made my heart so happy!

    www.lincsmomma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving all of these! Happy Spring, my friend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that song and I love this post. So thankful he does make all things new. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. He knows the number of hairs on my head! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, I wish we lived closer to each other!! Love that chalkboard print!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl, I wish we lived closer to each other!! Love that chalkboard print!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVEEEEEEE that song. I Loveeee singing it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok, this post is seriously perfect timing. Final exams start next Monday, and this is precisely what I needed. Thank you again for being on point with your posts!

    Caitlin C

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are absolutely fabulous!!! Happy spring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So thankful that God not only brings season of change in the seasons, but seasons of change in our lives!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happeeeee first day of spring!! Finally...it's here! Now the weather just needs to catch up! xo

    ReplyDelete