Monday, March 24, 2014

Love People [Where They Are]

Source
Amen to that!
My life might look a little weird to you, and that's okay with me came straight from my heart, and BOY were y'all some precious encouragers. (Thank you for that...your words inspire me.) But that post got me thinking about my life before Jesus changed me from the inside out.

You know who influenced me the most (aside from the Holy Spirit)? The people who loved me right where I was. When I was lonely, upset, and [truthfully] living a pretty hypocritical life...they didn't harshly condemn me or make me feel like a horrible human. They spoke Truth with love...and their words were wholehearted because they invested their time in me. They loved me right where I was. And that eventually got through to me. Praise Jesus!

So here's the thing: if you are walking with Jesus, your life will look different to our culture. Just don't stop loving people right where they are. 

Have a godly community of folks who keep you accountable and who pray for you and love you dearly. But be in the world too. Shine His light. Love hard.


The way you love the lost might just ignite that spark...
I know it did for me.

Source

 Happy Monday!

21 comments:

  1. As our example, Jesus didn't only love "perfect" people--even if there were any perfect people to be found. There's something beautiful about a love that loves no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach sista. This is so good and ever-so true!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the sweet reminder! I think if we are all honest that is truth for us. I know when I was a new believer there were so many people that just loved on me and listened to all the craziness that I had to tell. They surrounded me with prayers and supported me. That is for sure helped mold me into who I am today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happy quotes to start the week with. That first one is so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If more people (and ESPECIALLY Christians!) could love people just as they are, wherever they are, no matter what, this world would be a much more beautiful place! I need to work harder at this myself - thank you for the motivation, Elise!:) I want people to literally see God's love emanating from me. That's my goal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful reminder!! So thankful for the people who loved me where I was and helped me through!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a joy this was to read! I just love your heart Elise. I can so relate to being loved in my rough spots, and those are the people who mean the world to me now that I am walking with the Lord. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this reminder! Sometimes people just need to be loved. They don't need advice or suggestions for what they should be doing-- they just need to be loved right where they are & you summed this all up so perfectly! I love how encouraging your posts are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I pinned both of these this weekend too! It makes me want to love well and pray for other differently :) Love your heart, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving this! Thankful for your always encouraging words! You leave an impact on more people than you'll ever know!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen!!! I think that if we Christians just loved on everyone more people would give Jesus a second look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes and amen. So many people need to hear this truth! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for this great reminder! I am at a place right now that I have a lot of people around me who are hard to love because of the choices they make. But then I have to remember that Jesus still loved me when I mess up, too :) Thanks again girl friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It can easy to convince ourselves to only love when other people "deserve" it. But that isn't how love works! And it certainly isn't how God loves me. Another sweet post, Elise :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a good reminder to love people right where they are and treat them with love like Jesus because we have no earthly clue what is going on in their head or lives. Thank you sweet girl. You always have great reminders for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Elise, I just read your post from last week and, like many others, connected to it in multiple ways. I think this post did even more for me, though. Your advice to "be in the world too. Shine His light. Love hard." spoke volumes to me, and I'm so thankful you take the time to write honest, Truthful posts like this! You're definitely being a light to many :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful encouragement!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete