Friday, March 21, 2014

5 on Friday

Grab button for FIVE ON FRIDAY AT THE GOOD LIFE BLOG
Cheers to the lovely linkup creators: Darci, April, Christina, and Natasha!


2 MONTHS TO GO
Well, just over 2 months. But still!! The final countdown is ON for my sissy's wedding!!!!

Source: Rebecca Rose Events
How beautiful is this picture?! My parents and aunts got married here, I was christened and confirmed here, I got married here, and soon it's Hopey's turn!

Thank you, Becca, for snapping such a beautiful pic of a place that is so special to our family! [Read more about Becca on Hope's blog or visit Rebecca Rose Events! We love her!!!]


PUP PARTY UP IN HERE
While my mama and brother are on spring break, I have the priviledge of watching our family dogs. So, yes, there are more dogs than people in my house right now. And as dog people...we are loving it.


This week Mark and I live with Amelia (our baby), Sophie (the whippet), and Lilly (the "Maltese" that's not just a Maltese...even though her papers say so). Yes, I've only grown up with girl dogs. Yes, we give our dogs human names that we like. :)

LIFE AS A KINDERGARTEN TEACHER
Found this ecard on Pinterest. It epitomizes my first year of marriage when I taught kindergarten...the most sensory overloaded job I've ever loved.

Source
A friend of mine put it best during my first year of teaching in 2009. "Teaching kindergarten is like coming home everyday Disney tired. Like you've just spent the day at Disney World. Every day." Love it so much. Amen.

SWOONING
I've been thinking about these ever since I saw this picture on Instagram. And they're $12! I might have to cave and go pick some up this weekend...! Beach boutiques [that love Jesus!] are the best.

Source: @shophallelu on Instagram // Purchase online at Hallelu

HAPPY
This is the icing on the cake of my Friday 5 today. :)



Source

HAPPY weekend! :)

Pop on over to The Birdie Bowl to visit my sweet sponsor, Khala!

36 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that everyone in your family was married in that church...What a legacy. And I love your number five as well.
    www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the 2 month mark! SO exciting!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet tradition to continue with your sister getting married in the same church that already holds so many special memories for your family. The next two months are going to fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wedding countdown + the girls = happiness. especially bc i used that picture becca put up in my 5 today too (insert laughing crying emoji). Love youuu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that last quote. and you totally need to get those glasses--they are so you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love #5! And yay for the wedding countdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you are SOOOOOOOO excited about your sweet sis's wedding!! I can't wait for my girls to experience that same joy!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute puppies!

    And I can believe that teaching kindergarten is that tiring. I know my niece and nephews wear me out! And there is only 3 of them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that last quote! The teaching metaphor about Disney is so true!! I get worn out with just one toddler, I can't imagine a classroom full of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Funny! That e-card reminds me of my life teaching high school! I literally don't know where my time goes in the afternoons!

    champagneandsuburbs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. We love when the pups outnumber us too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful church! No doubt that wedding will be beautiful! Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the tradition of your church! And all of those sweet pups running around -- so much (busy) fun, I'm sure!
    Happy Friday, Elise!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sooo laughing over that pin!! LOL :) How fun that your home is filled with puppy love this week! YAY :) I love how much you LOVE your sister - the fact that her wedding countdown is your #1 this week is the sweetest thing ever <3 Love ya much, sweetsy!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  15. that is so exciting all of you were married in the same church. Those glasses are SO cute!!!! I love that last quote!

    happy friday sweet friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. All the pups and those glasses are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally love that ending quote! I think I need to print and frame it. :)
    Have a happy weekend, friend!
    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm loving those sunglasses, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love all the pups! Disney tired, love it! Since I went to Disney World two weeks ago I totally understand this comment now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look at all those sweet precious fur babies! I would be in Heaven! That quote at the end is just so perfect, it's crazy how take the simple things for granted & when you take a step back & relax everything can be so much clearer! Have a great weekend!.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kindergarten!! Whew! I taught 5th and 6th for many years and I know exhaustion, too. Those kids wear you out in a different kind of way! Ha! Those sunglasses are adorable. Love the church!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy friday to you! I'm loving all the cute words you post on your Pinterest! Have a great weekend,
    Katelyn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh girl! Kindergarten is a beast! I taught it and third grade in my years of teaching. I love the 5 and 6 year olds, but yes it is very busy !

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgeous church! I love where I got married, too--check it out https://www.lds.org/bc/content/church/temples/salt-lake/images/salt-lake-808x480-0001167s.jpg

    ashleynicoleholmes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I got married at the same church where my parents where married and where my brother and I were both confirmed and baptized!! Such a special way to be all tied together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that ya'll all got married there and cannot wait to see her upcoming big day!! Happy weekend my love! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that last quote, happiness and antlers what a great pair. Have a great weekend Elise.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Luuuuuuve those sunglasses! You could totally rock them. And my heart is swooning over the fact that your family has had so many moments in that same church. How exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm always the first to volunteer to watch others dogs. A few months ago we had three cavalier king charles, one maltese and a lab all inside. I was in Heaven but the hubs, not so much! Love, love, love that last quote. Have a great weekend, pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love what your friend said about Kindergarten and Disney World! It is so true! They are exhausting, but I can't imagine working with any other age!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE that ecard! So incredibly true!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Omg, love the comment about teaching kindergarten making you Disney tired...soooo so true!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So exciting for you and Hope that the wedding is coming up! And cheers to the weekend!

    ReplyDelete