Monday, December 30, 2013

Year of Travel...concluded.

When I started this blog about a year ago, Mark and I decided that 2013 would be our "year of travel." It was even one of our New Year's resolutions!

Well, 2013 did not disappoint. We are so thankful to have traveled to so many places. We couldn't have done it without our mission trip donations, families, and crazy frugal spending habits that allowed us buy plane tickets across the pond (and a spontaneous discounted special on a cruise!)!

We aren't big spenders on things, but when it comes to travel...we believe it's worth the splurge for the experience!!

Here is our year...chronologically, of course!

 From left to right...
[Row 1]
Orlando, FL with our English family // San Francisco, CA // Napa and Sonoma, CA //
[Row 2]
Nassau, Bahamas with my Dad and family //Barton-under-Needwood, England [Mark's hometown] // Messina, Sicily // Athens, Greece // Kushadasi and Ephesus, Turkey
[Row 3]
Chania, Crete // Rome, Italy // Lincoln, England // Tissington, England // Dovedale, England

I love traveling.
I love seeing Him in all things.
His creation.
His people. 
His wonders.
His love.

Read more about that in a post I wrote here in my 31 Days series about being intentional.
 
Source
I am so grateful for our travels...for our 2013...for every single day we've been given!! Praise Him!

Now go visit my lovely sponsor, Khala!
The Birdie Bowl
 

21 comments:

  1. How amazing that y'all were able to travel to soooo many places this year! What a blessing, indeed! Congrats on fulfilling that New Year's resolution!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to travel as well- there is nothing quite like experiencing a different culture or even a different state. That is one of my goals for 2014 and I can't wait for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have declared 2014 our year of travel! I am so excited! I don't think we will be leaving the US (your Europe trips look amazing) but it should be an awesome year! Cheers to 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so awesome that y'all were able to go so many places around the world!! I'm interested to know what/how you saved up your money!? If you don't mind sharing? Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a year of travel last year and it was kind of awesome. How fun for y'all, the places you traveled looked awesome!

    God created a pretty amazing world!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness gracious, look at all of the amazing places you've been this year! I am so jealous!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so jealous of all of your fun travels! That would be a dream! Take me with you next time? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So many awesome experiences in 2013, it will b hard to beat that in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So many amazing places you were blessed to be able to travel to! I'm jealous! Looks like you had an amazing year of travel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How amazing! 2013 was a great year for you guys:) And I love, love, love that quote - from one of my very favorite songs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness, you are quite the travel guru! Love seeing pictures from around the world. That's such a great goal, and it looks like y'all didn't let that one down. Have a great NYE, sweet gal! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun year of travel!!! My husband and I love to travel too and did a lot of it before kids. I am so thankful for those memories and time with my hubby. I am dying to go to Greece and Turkey!! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice!! Looks like a fun year. We love to travel too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow you traveled far and wide! What great experiences! Hope this next year brings even more happiness and joy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like your mission was accomplished! And what awesome places too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you did a year of travel. That is so awesome and inspiring. What is your year of 2014 going to be, if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! What a wonderful year y'all had of traveling! Those will for sure be memories the two of you can hold on to for a lifetime :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Elise, Heather and I met in Italy. North Carolina and visiting her is on my list for 2014. We've got to get together. But I love all these photos! Love!
    www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goshhhhh!!! Kinda jealous of all of your traveling ;)

    ReplyDelete