Thursday, December 12, 2013

a full circle moment

Sometimes things come full circle.

I love it when that happens!!

Yesterday I posted about choosing joy. Then my heart led me to what that specifically means at Christmas. (Thanks to singing the Messiah all through high school, I've got this Scripture down pat! So it was easy for my heart to wander in this direction...)

Source
Full circle.

That "joy" we can choose everyday...
It comes from Jesus.
When He came to earth.
For us.
With a great plan.
God in flesh.
To cover our sin.
That joy we choose everyday...it came from the baby who gave our salvation a name. 
Jesus.
THIS is Christmas.

Y'all know I love to make sure Christmas is more about Jesus than anything else. And I love music. So without further ado...let's celebrate the JOY of CHRIST with a song that centers on HIM!


I can't get enough of this song!!!! I discovered it last year, and my sister and I had frequent dance parties crazy dancing around the room and belting it out. Truth. I once was so happy (and JOYFUL ;)) mid-dance party that I straight-up cried. Yep. That's me.

I love how happy it is and I love even more how it paints a beautiful picture of the Christmas story!
"Our salvation has a name!"

Give it a listen. I promise you won't be disappointed! I hope it sparks some dance parties around your house too. :)
post signature

9 comments:

  1. I love your inspiration and great outlook on life...coming to your blog everyday makes me smile!!!

    LOVE that song....it is so catchy and makes you want to get up and dance!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have the biggest heart--i love it! i was thinking about this too yesterday--about all the joy, hope & love that Christmas brings...it's pretty incredible. love that your blog overflows with christmas joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love your sweet heart and passion for sharing Jesus! He is the reason for the season and it would all be completely empty without him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I just love this song, and Elisa, your passion for Christ is so beautiful and infectious. I love it. I'm so very focused on keeping Christ in Christmas, so I appreciate this post more than you know! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, you are little miss susie sunshine and spreading the holiday cheer (no pun intended) a lot here these days. I love it! My faith is also strengthened by reading ur posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told my husband about these sweet words you wrote today!! THANK YOU! Put your email in the "smile file" folder in my inbox. Your words so encourage me!!! Glory to Him!!!! xx

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful song!! Thank you so much for always reminding this little blogosphere, a place where it is so tempting to get caught up in worldly things, what really matters!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So true! Love this!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Goodness I love your heart and am always so happy when I leave your blog!!! Thank you sweet lady!!!

    ReplyDelete