Thursday, December 19, 2013

NYE Outfits [Pop Fizz Link-Up!]

2014 is just around the corner, 
and I am soooo excited to link up with Khala and Samantha today! 
Cheers, honeybuns!!

NYE makes me think of sequins, glitter, and more sequins and glitter. So...let's talk outfits!!

Though I won't be purchasing any of these items (Let's be real, I'll just wear what I already have. I'm Frugal McShmougal over here.)...I sure did have the best time making these pary-tay outfits online. I will definitely use these outfits as inspiration!! Woohoo!

(P.S. How have I never used Polyvore to create outfits like this until now?!!? Holy cow that was fun!)


Going Out?
Staying In!
Here's the thing about NYE. It's sometimes an overrated holiday. You can "pump it up" so much in your head that it winds up being disappointing. BUT! I know the perfect remedy to avoid this letdown: be around great friends!

With that said, I couldn't help but take a little stroll down memory lane to NYEs past. Without further ado..!

NYE 2012
Mount Airy, NC
As you know, Mayberry holds a very special place in my heart! 
Of course we had the best NYE ever there so many of our favorite people.
(Fun side note: Mark called me "magician" all night because of my sequined jacket...ha!!)

NYE 2011
Charlotte, NC
Flyin' solo by the Tar Heel tree (Go Heels!) while my fiance was in England sorting out some fun visa stuff. :) 

NYE 2010
Barton-under-Needwood, England
NYE in Mark's hometown with great friends and local pubs. Perfection!
I brought sequins, but he told me people don't dress up as much in England...pshh.
(But seriously, Mom, I do love that sweater dress of yours I wore...;))

NYE 2010
Charlotte, NC
These girls: my suitemates from freshman year of college! Love that we had a little reunion that NYE!
(Hiiiii boos! I miss youuuuuu!!!!)
P.S. Mark was in England and we were broken up at this point...thoooouuuggh I probably called him on Skype when I got home that night. :)

NYE 2008
Charlotte, NC
We fell in love that summer...were crazy and stayed together...I visited him in England that October; he visited me back in NC that December. :) Oh, [super] long distance love! Thank you Jesus that there are no more 3-4 month time spans that we spend apart!!

------------------------------------------------------
 
Our little family is looking forward to making memories this NYE too!! We have no official party plans yet (if anyone knows any fun NYE stuff in Wilmington, give me a shout!) except being with two of the most fun people we know. You might've met them here. I cannot wait to see them!!! It's been too long. [And fingers crossed these bffies of ours will be joining us too! This NYE is shaping up to be one of the best!]

For now...let's savor, soak in, and be present in these last couple weeks of 2013!

21 comments:

  1. ADORE both of those outfits...i've never used polyvore either!!!!

    I also agree, being around great people makes NYE!!! CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a fun post, Elise!! Super cute outfits! ...& I LOVE that you added the trip down NYE memory lane too ;) Such fun snapshots! Btw, you + your Mr. make such an adorable couple!! Merry Christmas {and a happy new year} to you both!! *Hugs!*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful -- both the outfits that you created and your montage of NYEs past! Last year's outfit ... RAWR. Love it! I hope you guys have an awesome time this year whatever you decide to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute are your NYE pictures?! That Tar Heel tree totally wins me over, so cute! Thanks for linking up, you're the bestest! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love those outfits.....but make the heels flats and we are all set ;)

    am lucky if I can stay up past 10 on NYE lol....maybe this year will be the year?

    ps You and Mark are the cutest!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First off, you and your hubs are too cute. Secondly, both of those outfits {and what you wore last year} are perfection! LOVE that leopard cardigan! Thank you so much for joining us, love!! Can't wait for next week's party! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures of past celebrations. Especially with the one with "we were broken up but I probably skyped him that night" #keepingitreal #ididthesame

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't Polyvore addicting?! I love how you documented all your past NYE outfits! I'm all for the sequins too! You're so right, it's not what you do it's who you do it with! Isn't that everything in life though?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love BOTH of these fun and cute outfits! I need that leopard cardi in my life. I haven't ever been to Polyvore....I know what I'm going to do tonight! ha ha :) I agree with you.... the more sequins, the better!! It's part of the fun of being a girl, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you look great in your "magician" jacket! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've actually never been on Polyvore - I think I'm going to have to check it out! And I'm all about sequins and glitter during the holidays. I love your "magician" jacket!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1) LOVING the new blog look! So fun! 2) Your outfit picks are fab -- and I love that you included a cute staying in option. 3) Love that you included fun photos from New Year's past -- basically a whole lot of loving going on today!
    xo A Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both outfits, obsessing over that leopard sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all your NYE outfits! The jewelry from your staying in outfit is extra great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just started using Polyvore too. It's such a great tool! I love your outfits, NYE 2012 is my favorite one, with your fabulous sequin jacket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both outfits look so cute! I know I will most likely be spending it indoors. I have done the crowd thing one too many times. You too look so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those outfit choices! And looking back at old photos is always soo much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your outfits! I have a similar cheetah cardigan and I love it because I can dress it up or down and ummm...it's cheetah.
    www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loving your throwbacks to past NYEs!! And I love your stay in outfit... I find that I stay in more often than I would like to admit :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sparkle, sparkle and more sparkle!! Love it!! The first NYE pic of you and your husband is too sweet!

    http://blovedboston.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the outfits and the timeline of photos! What a neat thing to have to look back on!

    ReplyDelete