Tuesday, December 10, 2013

choose joy

Holy moly.

I did not expect to receive such a resonating, authentic, encouraging, REAL response from y'all regarding my post from yesterday. Praise Jesus!! 

I know (fully!) that I am not alone. And I so cannot wait to respond to each of your emails/posts individually!...as I will!! But in the meantime!...

Source
Those words above. TODAY I CHOOSE JOY. These words are the big takeaway from my post yesterday. The big kahuna. TODAY (and every day), CHOOSE JOY.

When I talk about the importance of the blog world not only showing a "slice of the pie" (that "slice of the pie" being the highlights/glam of life)...I'm not giving the green light to complaining. No way!

I am a firm believer (and advocate of) LIFE ON LIFE.
Being who you are...saying what you feel/mean...and owning it.
Real, raw emotion
Authenticity.
Truth.

This is not to be confused with an excuse to complain...but rather an opportunity to choose joy amidst any/all circumstances. Life is a gift (See James 1:17). We must live life among others while simultaneously and purposefully leading with a Christlike tenacity...with joy and thankfulness that can only come from the Lord.

Choose joy. Keep it real. Keep it authentic. But always choose joy that we receive in Christ.
Through our salvation.
Through our hope in Him alone!



Source
Source


AMEN!!!
post signature

10 comments:

  1. Such great and awesome words to live by! It is much easier said than done, but something we should strive for!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful word, JOY! It just makes the mountains sing and the sun shine doesn't it. I love your thought on being real vs just complaining. TOO many people think keeping it real means complaining and whining about things. NO WAY JOSE!

    You can vent about things that are bothering you, but then there is a CHOICE to make, stay dreary or get cheery, like you do!

    I must say how much I love your blog and your joy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! And these quotes! YES We choose joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In regard to yesterday's post- Matt and I will be in Wilmington the 24th-26th sans our families :( It's definitely the most difficult part of being newly married and living away from family. I feel you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elise, you're amazing, and your outlook is so. dang. good. GOOD FOR YOU!

    It's always hard when we suffer personal disappointments to pull ourselves out of that rut, but you are one strong, beautiful lady. Well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep up the positive attitude! I love all these quotes you put throughout your post, too. When I read the "For ever God is faithful". the Chris Tomlin song instantly popped into my head! Loved that :)
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This has been my favorite quote of the year. When I finally realized that happiness and joy were a choice, and a choice I have to make every single day, my perspective totally changed. It isn't easy, but I am trying so hard to be intentional about having a positive attitude and choosing joy each day. Remembering that our joy and hope comes from Christ makes all the difference!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You go, girl. Well, He goes. But you know what I'm sayin'
    www.wearflowersinyourhair.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! Love your positive, happy attitude! Your posts brighten my day sweets! xo

    ReplyDelete