Sunday, December 29, 2013

Faithful friends who are dear to us...

...Gather near to us once more!!!

Too cheesy?! I don't care! [I love it!]

Since leaving my hometown and heading back to Wilmy, I have so enjoyed prepping the house for our guests (and dearest friends) who arrive today and tomorrow. The holidays are still going strong at the Houston home, and I couldn't love it more!!!

Take a look at the little tid-bits I've collected and displayed as we host 2 other couples for the next few days...

 Guest room bedside table tray essentials:
coaster, [faux] flowers, and some Christmas chocolates


 And some chocolates for the spouse on the other side of the bed too!

 I hung a new Cheers Y'all [The Shop] piece under my bff Lizzie's window art.
I thought "you are so loved" was the perfect work to hang in our guest room! 
We love our friends!!!

 Instead of treats, the snowman is holding festive holiday glasses and cups and some golden chocolate coins, of course!

I prepped our coffee and tea station and made sure we had some hot chocloate and marshmallows in the house too. 
(Though I'm sure with two Englishmen in the house, at least 6 cups of tea a day will be consumed...)
My mom gave me some munchies for the Ho Ho Ho basket! 
And I found that "Biscuits" jar from Target to replace the other one that Marky broke while eating the said biscuits. :)
 
Not pictured are things like gifts under the tree (not taking it down just yet!!), beer and wine, and the pantry stocked with dinner items for the next few nights! Oh! And clean towels ready for our guests too!

Is there anything I'm forgetting?! What are special things you do when you host friends/family in your home?!

 
  Now go visit my lovely sponsor, Khala!
The Birdie Bowl

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful touches! I'm sure they'll feel very welcomed and at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love te snowman holding the glasses! So cute - were still celebrating holidays too!

    agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snowman & that you put glasses in him!! SO cute!! Everything looks so good!! Have fun with everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so cute!!! I want to come stay at your place ;)

    hope you enjoy the time with your friends!!!!

    and hope you had a wonderful Christmas

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute!!! I want to come stay at your place ;)

    hope you enjoy the time with your friends!!!!

    and hope you had a wonderful Christmas

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how much attention to detail you are paying to prepare for you guests! What a great idea to display mugs on the Snowman tray! Hope you enjoy your time with friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hosting and preparing things for guests as well! Those chocolates are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It all looks lovely! You are quite the hostess with the mostest ;) I have tea/sugar/coffee jars on my counter too! Twinsies! Enjoy your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks great!! I'm jealous your Christmas celebrations are still continuing! Have fun with your guests!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You decorated so beautifully! I absolutely love everything!!

    mrslaurelrhyne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You must be quite the hostess! Everything is beautiful. I always have a basket of extra tooth brushes and travel size essentials (toothpaste, hairspray, lotion, face wipes, deo etc) in the guest bath! I'm forever forgetting something so I always like to be prepared. :) Enjoy your company doll, happy New Year! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your guests must have felt so at home! Looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! I am sure your guests did as well!! Merry Christmas ( a few days late!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything looks great and I am sure your guests will love it. Some bottled water and maybe some granola bars in case they want a late snack and don't want to bother with the kitchen?

    ReplyDelete