Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Christmas Tree Lot 2015

Christmastime is officially here (even if I've been listening to Christmas music for the past 3 weeks)! There isn't anything about Christmas I don't love. The joy of the season is tangible, family is the heartbeat of the holiday, and Jesus is the reason behind it all. What a gift and a priviledge to celebrate!!! 

We kicked off our December by heading to the Christmas tree lot. It was drizzling the whole time, but I couldn't wait another moment for the smell of a fresh tree to seep into our home. Apparently the light rain couldn't keep many folks away because the lot was bumpin'. Perhaps the most special and sentimental part this year was taking Nancy to the lot where I remember going year after year to pick out our tree. I remember my mama bringing her "fancy camera" and taking pictures of us 3 kids with the trees in the background. Last night there I was with my fancy cam and my fancy Nancy. What a sweet, full-circle moment. I can't even type about it without smiling. :) Thank you, Lord, for the precious gift of my family.

Here are our memories from the Christmas tree lot 2015. My sissy graciously tagged along and snapped the pics. We had fun imagining what 2016 will hold at this same place...another little one joining us who will be exactly the same age Pie is right now! Wow. Wow! Fair warning: I took every photo opp and ran with it.


Our tree! That we're standing precisely in front of :) 



I recently ordered frames from Target (when they were 50% off on black Friday but they're still cheap--snag 'em while there's free shipping!), and alongside our framed Christmas card collection, I'm also going to start framing our tree lot pictures to display over the holiday season. The Santa pictures will start this year too. I'm completely okay with my 3 sets of picture collections to have out around the house all season long. I've always been picture crazed anyway.


2014 | Wilmington, NC | 20 weeks pregnant with Nancy

2013 | Wilmington, NC

 

2012 | Charlotte, NC | Our first Christmas as Mr. & Mrs.


Happy December!!! Heart y'all! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment