Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015: A Banner Year

I will forever hold 2015 close in my heart. It was a year of change. A year of learning. A year of new. A year in which Mark and I grew deeper than love than I knew was possible. A year of family. A year of coming home. A year of love. A year of JOY.

JANUARY | I started dreaming up Nancy's nursery while she was still in my tummy. I love looking back on this knowing how it came together in real life. So much love!
Via "Nancy's Nursery Inspiration"
FEBRUARY | We babymooned in London! And Paris
Via "Babymoon Part One: London"
Via "Babymoon Part 2: Paris
MARCH | PHEW! What a month this was! We announced that we were moving back home, and at 36 weeks pregnant, we returned to Charlotte (for good!). We said goodbye to our first home, and moved in with my sweet mama in between buying and selling. We also celebrated baby Nancy's arrival with a fancy tea party
Via "First Home Favorites"
Via "Nancy's Fancy Tea Party"
APRIL | The month my heart started beating outside of my body. I shared my heart before it made that big change, reflected on marriage pre-baby, hit 40 weeks, and then--three days later--the most joy-filled miracle of our life happened. On April 24, 2015, we became parents. I also owned it on Erika's blog which was a personal favorite in terms of blogging fun! Owning it connected us, and I love that! :)
Via "She's Here"
MAY | Ooh, baby baby!!! Just living my dream come true and reporting all things baby. 
The First Week | My First Mother's Day | Newborn Photos | Family Staycation 
We also celebrated our birthdays! I turned 28, and Mark turned 29.
The photo below is my favorite photo form the whole year. It's an 8x10 on our gallery wall at home. :)
Via Nancy's Newborn Photos | Image by Cameron Faye Photography

JUNE | We bought a home!!!! Our 2nd home. Our 1st in Charlotte. (And we decided to paint the whole interior by ourselves). I also finally got around to recording Nancy's birth story.
Via "Awesomeness"
JULY | We went to the beach for a week with our extended family and spent two other weekends painting every room and interior door in our new home. :)
Via "Family Beach Vacation"
AUGUST | After one wall removal and all that painting, we moved out of my mama's and into our new home. We celebrated 3 years of marriage, and I dished on the faith of a child changed my heart as a mama.
Via "3 Years"
SEPTEMBER | I shared Nancy's nursery (AKA my favorite room in our home), and we traveled to England for Mark's brother's wedding. It was really special because Nancy finally got to meet our extended family in England--including her namesake!
Via" Nancy's Nursery"
Via England 2015
OCTOBER | Another big month! I shared our living room, we finally got to spill the beans on my favorite secret, we dedicated Nancy's life to Jesus, and we celebrated Halloween with the judge.
Via "Our Living Room"
Via "Sista Sista Secret"
Via "Nancy Hope's Dedication"
Via Halloween 2015
 
NOVEMBER | I shared our family shoot in Nancy's Nursery, had a bit of a slump and practiced choosing joy, created a mission for this space, revealed my first One Room Challenge, counted my blessings, and celebrated Thanksgiving.
Via "Our Family Shoot in Nancy's Nursery"
Via "One Room Challenge | Coastal Chic Guest Room Reveal"
Via "Thanksgiving 2015"
DECEMBER | All things merry! We discovered that Nancy isn't a Santa fan, so I cherish our first classic cry face photo. We shared our Christmas card (and the mini photoshoot we did for them). We attended Christmas festivities here and there. I holiday home toured x 2 (part 1 | part 2). We Chistmas-ed!
Via "Christmas Card 2015"

JOYFUL.
This year was so beautifully, intricately, and deeply joyful.
2015 was our banner year.

Thank you, Jesus, for your blessings and provision in 2015. Realistically, I know that not every year will be this good (and--honestly--that scares me and has produced fear in my thought life recently). I have to remind myself that perfect love casts out fear. But no matter what...You are still good. You are always good! You're a good, good Father and have given me the most wonderful earthly father to our baby girl. You are the source of our joy, the author of love, and the creator of family. You hold my little family in the palm of your hands. You already know our future little ones by name. I pray that we can create arrows--warriors--for You. Thank you, Jesus, for our banner year. Oh how we love you! All the praise and honor and glory to You!!!

CHEERS to 2015 and to the new year around the corner...
Lord, I surrender it to You! 

No comments:

Post a Comment