Thursday, December 10, 2015

Holiday Home Tour Part 1

Decking the halls, decking the halls..it's something I look forward to doing at the brink of every Christmas season. After moving for the past 4+ years in a row, I am so thankful to deck our halls in 2015 knowing we'll be in them through the next several years too. For real this time! We're back home in Charlotte where we belong. Creating a holiday home and being a mama is basically my dream combination. So, welcome! Come on in to our nest...

 I catch a glimpse of this sparkly reflection from the corner of our kitchen. It stops me in my tracks every time.

Ornaments
 I'm a sucker for metallics. All day everyday. My favorite Christmas colors are silver + gold.

Our dining room tablescape is super simple. Here's the cheat: use a wreath! Add a hurricane candle, and voila. Effortless yet lovely.

I decorated our tree in only silver. That means I sent ornaments back up to the attic. And that combination means I'm turning into my mother. I used to tell her that her sliver tree was "soooooo boring" when I was a kiddo. Oops. 

My family never really does bows. I don't know why--we just never have. To fancy up our gifts a bit, I stole this gift tag look that I used to address our Christmas cards!



 I had every intention to go to the tree lot and buy a flocked tree. It was my plan...until I got there and forgot. Next year I am dreaming of a flocked tree to coexist with the bright whites and neutrals that fill our living room! 

 This nativity is one of my favorite decorations. We bought on our mission trip to Burundi

Joy: the center of our room, the celebration of Christ's arrival in our hearts, and the echo of our lives since Nancy joined us in April.

Come back next week for the brighter and bolder colors that adorn the space we live in most! Until then, catch a sneak peek or two on Instagram. Can't wait to show y'all around the rest of our digs! 


You might also like...
Holiday Home Tour 2014 | Wilmington, NC
Put A Wreath On It (The Wreath on the Table[scape] Trick)
11 Creative Ways to Address Your Christmas Cards
Christmas Tree Lot 2015
Our 2015 Christmas Card
Nancy Meets Santa

No comments:

Post a Comment