Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Pregnancy | Week 39


How Far Along: 39 weeks -- I have an inkling that I'll be writing one next week as well at 40 weeks. No Braxton Hicks, no contractions...just a satisfied Nancy that appears to want to stay put. :)

Size of Baby: Oh, ya know, just a WATERMELON!!!! 7-8 lbs and 19-21" long
 
Gender: Our little girl, Nancy Hope Houston

Movement: Did you SEE the video I put on Instagram? Phew! Yes. Movement. Lots. I love it, and I know I will miss it SO much SO soon.

Weight Gain: 39lbs in 39 weeks. Owning it. I've done it as healthily as I know how, so I'm just letting it be!

Sleep: Bless my sweet hubby. This morning he told me encouragingly, "You only woke me up 3x last night!" Eeek. The snoring, y'all. Never have I ever snored pre-pregnancy. But with CLT pollen + a watermelon baby on my organs, it's out of control. So hubby waking me up 3x a night minimally plus at least 3x a night bathroom breaks...which means a lot of broken up sleep. Good practice. And despite all that, I still am sleeping like a baby. Falling back asleep is no problem. Aaaand I might be finding myself taking a power nap in the afternoon hours. People keep saying to me, "Sleep! Because you never will again!" I'm like...okay! Twist my arm! Sign me up for that afternoon 30 min nap!

Workouts: Hilliard Studio Method x 6. Boom. 

Maternity Clothes: Same...still mixing and matching with flowy spring things! Favorite thing I wore this week? This dress of my mom's...before she gets it altered and I won't be able to wear it anymore without lookin' like a fool...#tallestdaughterprobs.

Speaking of #tallestdaughterprobs, I wore an old "dress" of my sister's as a shirt for our maternity shoot paired with the Hue jeggings I wrote about last week!



Symptoms: Still the need to have my feet up. Just feels so much better. The snoring. The grunting when flipping from one side to the other at night. The urge to not want to pick up something off of the ground. Pressure on my pubic bone. And tinkling Lord knows how many times a day/night.

Also I am still 1cm but now 60% effaced. The doc checks for progress again at my appointment on Friday!

Cravings/Aversions: Nope. Into my rhythm/routine here at mom's of lemon water + a banana before working out every morning. Then my green smoothie and a protein bar afterwards. My favorite lunch (as you might've read about on Friday's post!) is this:


Steve Sandwich (add cukes this time) from Laurel Market
Down it with a local Lenny Boy?! HEEEAAAVVEEENNNN.

Missing Most: Still going on walks. It's just not fun/worth it with all the downward pressure from baby and a softening and widening pubic bone (cute, right?! ;)). But I suppose with the current pollen and cankerworm downpours here in Charlotte (if you know CLT, you know these troubles...), it's actually a good time to miss out. Hello, silver lining.

Nursery: Is this precisely:


Our little family in Hope's room at mom's house. :)
I snapped this pic because we were hoping Tina was practicing watching over the baby.

Hubby: Has been making me laugh so much this week that there was a close call of me not making it to the bathroom. He bought a selfie stick for himself off of Amazon Prime. Why? He says it's for the delivery room...that he'll stay up by my head, and the selfie stick can capture everything else. He kills me. Oh, and the moment that almost caused an accident involved his selfie stick recreation of this vine video. (Also - great song. I love a good Mariah throwback.)

Practicing his selfie stick skillz...

Best Part of the Week: See hilarious hubby moments above. And, in general, the insane amount of family time is just a part of life now. We are so, so fortunate to be back here.

I also really enjoyed and appreciated meeting Nancy's pediatrician this week. Nancy will go to the same practice that my brother, sister, and I all grew up attending. It was a full circle moment when I walked in. My family has been going there for so long that one of the nurses recognized me and remembered exactly who I was! How cool and amazing is that?! (I was super impressed.) Feels so, so good to be back in my hometown.

Can't Wait For: Going on walks with Nancy in her stroller. Watching Mark and Nancy meet and interact.



Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12  | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Weeks 19 and 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | Week 23 | Week 24 and 25 | Week 26 | Week 27 | Week 28 | Week 29 | Week 30 | Week 31 | Week 32 | Week 33 | Nancy's Fancy Tea Party | Week 34 | Week 35 | Moved + Nested |  Week 36 | Week 37 | Week 38 | Week 39

No comments:

Post a Comment