Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Pregnancy | 37 Weeks




How Far Along: 37 weeks (How are there only 3ish weeks to go?!)

Size of Baby: A "winter melon" (?!) -- Approximately 19-22" and 6.5 lbs. I bet we'll get more precise approximations tomorrow! I have my first 3-D ultrasound tomorrow simply because my practice here in CLT doesn't have an ultrasound on record...soooo we're doing one tomorrow. Just because! And holy moly I can't wait to see that little face!!!! The consensus around here is that Nancy is going to look like a little Mark. And we're almost certain she's bald considering Marky and I were both bald babies too. :)
 
Gender: Our little girl, Nancy Hope Houston

Weight Gain: 34 pounds as of last Thursday. Eesh. I do feel like I'm embracing it and cherishing the gift and joy that is creating and carrying a child. There is truly nothing like it, and it has given me a brand new eyes to God's creation. But I have to own it and admit that multiple times this week I've told Mark, "I love being pregnant, I really do, but I can't wait to get my body back." Whether it's walking a few miles and feeling the extra discomfort on my pelvis or simply changing from laying down to sitting up...everything is getting harder and less comfortable. :) 

Movement: Mark and I particularly enjoyed watching her dance through church service this past Sunday. Maybe she will love leading worship like her mommy! Nancy still has the hiccups at least once a day too.

Sleep: Still no pregnancy insomnia for me!! Thankful for that! Just multiple nighttime potty breaks. 

Workouts: Hilliard Studio Method x 6 and one 2.4 mile walk. I choose HSM over walking any day from now on. Sheesh. Walking that far hurts my pubic bone afterwards like whoa.
Maternity Clothes: Mixing and matching with flowy spring things!

Symptoms: Feeling lots of pressure on my pubic bone. I'm apparently 1cm dilated (TMI?!). Still snoring apparently. Mark has to wake me up multiple times during the night, but I don't remember any of it. My bellybutton is becoming so flat it's freaking me out. I feel like I'm getting puffier. Ugh. All of the glamorous things, basically. Oh, my hand that has been falling asleep at night through my whole pregnancy (right hand) now sometimes falls asleep when I'm working out my arms. It doesn't hurt at all--I just shake it off, and it's gone. Homegirl is doing stuff to my circulation for sure.

Cravings/Aversions: No 

Missing Most: Like I mentioned before, this is the first week where I've really thought, "I can't wait to have my body back." Definitely feel guilty and vain saying that. Sigh.

Nursery: Will be in our future home in Charlotte that we haven't found or bought yet :)

Hubby: Constantly talks about how close we are to meeting Nancy and how excited he is about it. It's the most precious thing. I'm cherishing our time together as just us two as well. We're finding sweetness in the mundane, normal moments of "just us" these days.

 I sneakily snapped this candid of him earlier in the week just because he looked so handsome. :)

Best Part of the Week: All the family time we've had. I love that our new normal includes family, family, family all the time.

 We married two nuts. And we're very fortunate that they love each other a whole darn lot.

 Tried to practice tying my Solly Wrap with Doxie. Love my niecepup.


Can't Wait For: Our 3D ultrasound on Thursday morning! Mom is going with me. We are so, so, so, so, SO excited.

Also -- related to the week by week pic below: a lady in my workout classes this week told me that my bump has gotten smaller. And then the below pic looks like it really has? Huh? How is that possible? Or it has changed shape or something! Weird. I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment