Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Pregnancy | 38 Weeks


How Far Along: 38 weeks

Size of Baby: A "Swiss chard" -- Aproximately 19-22" and 6.5lbs ... but we found out at her ultrasound last Thursday that she is 6.6 lbs. Considering the growth rate is about .5lb a week now, she's probably 7 pounds. Holy moly!

 
Gender: Our little girl, Nancy Hope Houston

Movement: Definitely is not comfortable these days. Her little bottom is still on my right ribs and has been for weeks. No love for the left side. Except that her feet are dangling that way so sometimes I get a poke or two. But she loves to bump that rump against my right ribs. Truthfully, I'm counting it all as joy and cherishing these last moments of her in my belly. I love the special bond that only I have with her, and I know I'll miss being pregnant.

Sleep: Minus the potty breaks multiple times a night, I'm still sleeping like a baby. Easter weekend even included power naps on both Saturday and Sunday. Glorious!


My napping buddy and her built in pillow

Workouts: Hilliard Studio Method x 6. I've gotten back some (definitely not all) of the tone I'd lost lost due to pregnancy weight by stepping up my workout game at HSM these past few weeks. Glad I get these workouts done in the morning, because after walking around a bunch throughout the day, my feet ache and I cannot wait to put them up in line with the rest of my body.

More pup on bump while I put my feet up. She is my little shadow for sure.

Maternity Clothes: Mixing and matching with flowy spring things! I actually wore nonmaternity all weekend which was fun and refreshing.

For Easter service (we attended on Saturday night), I wore some new white jeggings by Hue. I just situated them under my bump to make them work and paired with one of my mom's flowy sweaters.

And for Easter Sunday I wore this old dress that I scored from the clearance section of Old Navy 3ish years ago. Paired it with a flowy vest (that Hopey is wearing too!) from Target.

Symptoms: There are tons of symptoms that come along with these last weeks of pregnancy. :) My newest and most favorite one is the insane urge to get OFF of my feet after being on them for no more than an hour our two. Must get home and put feet up in line with my body. It just feels better. The getting up out of that position isn't too fun though. Horizontal to vertical doesn't happen without accompanied grunting.

Speaking of...I was sitting in a chair in my mom's den and got up to hug Mark. Well, I didn't give myself enough thrust/momentum to get out of the chair, and the hug turned into more of a grabbing for dear life onto the back of Mark's shoulders before I fell back down into the chair. Which would've been fine...because it was a comfy chair. It just made me laugh really hard because I'm not used to being this front/bump-heavy I guess. (My mom doesn't think this story is funny at all and likes to remind me of how I could really hurt myself. Whoops. Sorry, mommy. I'll work on the mental pep talks for momentum before standing/sitting up from now on. :))

And the other usual fun things...right hand lacking circulation and falling asleep at night and in workouts, linea nigra, general puffiness, bellybutton becoming less and less of an innie, snoring, and feeling a good bit of pressure/weight on my pubic bone.

Cravings/Aversions: No. I've been rocking (and really looking forward to) my green juice post workout everyday though.  I'm obsessed.


Ice, organic spinach, 1 orange, 1 scoop Catie's Organic Greens, 1 scoop Catie's Vitamin C, water
Blend in Vitamix, and voila! Green juice scrumptiousness! So good. After typing about it, I kinda want another.

Missing Most: I guess going on walks. It's spring, so walks are even more enticing now! But they just put too much pressure and discomfort on my pubic bone since homegirl is down so low. Not worth it. And I know I'll be able to enjoy miles of walking again in no time. It's the final countdown after all!

Nursery: Is my sister's room at my mom's house. That's shared with Mark and me. And Tina. Though the whole closet is dedicated to a tiny girl named Nancy...


The majority of these sweet little numbers were mine when I was little. I adore them and am so thankful that my mom saved them all!

Hubby: Our conversations as of late revolve constantly around Nancy and meeting her. When will it be, how we cannot wait, how we only have numbered days till our lives change forever and ever for the better... It's safe to say that we are both incomprehensibly excited. Of course listening to him talk about Nancy the way he does just makes me fall in love with him even more. And I know that love will only grow as I watch him become a daddy!

He also told me last night that I looked picturesque, which was sweet. I think he's amused by the fact that I can use the bump as a shelf of sorts lately.

Best Part of the Week: Easter weekend! And Nancy's ultrasound on Thursday with my mommy. Loved seeing her sweet face and little, puffy cheeks!

Can't Wait For: Meeting our little girl. I love the anticipation that comes with not knowing when that will happen. It could be tomorrow, it could be in 2 weeks, it could be in 3 weeks. The not knowing is so fun! Treasuring this time!!!

Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12  | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Weeks 19 and 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | Week 23 | Week 24 and 25 | Week 26 | Week 27 | Week 28 | Week 29 | Week 30 | Week 31 | Week 32 | Week 33 | Nancy's Fancy Tea Party | Week 34 | Week 35 | Moved + Nested |  Week 36 | Week 37 | Week 38

No comments:

Post a Comment