Thursday, April 16, 2015

2 Years and 8 Months of Just Us


The one who makes me laugh...

Isn't God's grace an amazing thing? Understatement of the world, I know. I've been thinking: in the days when I used to name the 5 "non-negotiables" that I would never settle on regarding a husband (yes, I did that), sense of humor was never one of them. Ever. I don't consider myself a funny person. And it's not that I don't like "funny" in others--it's just never been super important to me.  

But God. He blessed me with a bonus in my husband. God knew my every need and then blessed me with more. My Marky. The one who makes me laugh like no other. (Like you read about yesterday?) An undeserved gift. Grace.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Oh goodness, y'all. Does this happen to a lot of first time mamas? In the past weeks, I've found myself not necessarily nostalgic but super reminiscent of the past few years with my husband since we've become man and wife. Our 2 years and 8 months of just us are coming to a close. My thoughts of our adventures in that time have been running wild. We have grown so much individually; more importantly, we've grown exponentially as a couple.

In a world where marriage is hard and all too finite, I know I'm extremely blessed in my marriage with Mark. I was telling him this in the car last night, actually: Our marriage absolutely isn't perfect. And there are always things we can and will need to work on. But you know what? It's strong. Our marriage is strong. I believe so much in us, the ways we love and serve each other, in the family we're creating, and in the legacy we'll leave through it. How precious a gift I have been given to do life everyday with someone like Mark.

I know, I know. I'll cut the sap. But it has been on high gear these past few weeks, and--per usual--I'm owning it. The best part of all my reflections? The fact that 2 years and 8 months as The Houstons is still our beginning.  Let the adventures continue. With Mark by my side, I look forward to all that the future holds--the good, the bad, and the ugly. Just as the Bible states, it is a divine mystery how two lives absolutely become one.

Okay LAST THING (for real). What better to do when reflecting on your marriage thus far than rewatch your wedding video!?! I watched this last night and was either BIG cheese smiling, laughing, or crying throughout the whole thing. To remember how much I loved him on this day...to process how much more I love him now...and to imagine how much more deeply and intricately I will love him as I watch him become the father of our children (so soon!). God is good, y'all.


Feature Film
It's longer. So many of my favorite songs. And I was total mush listening to Mark, my sister, an our vows all over again. 
 
 Highlights Film
Short and sweet and the perfect little epitome of our day.
 
 
Videos by Life Stage Films. Thank y'all for your beautiful talent that still makes me giddy!
You can read more about our wedding right here. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment