Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pregnancy | 40 Weeks



How Far Along: 40 weeks! Due date was 4/21. I made it.

Size of Baby: A watermelon/pumpkin/FULL GROWN BABY!...anywhere from 6-9lbs and 19-22"

Gender: Our little girl, Nancy Hope Houston

Movement: Still moving just not as much. She's crowded in there. When she sticks that booty out on my right side for a long period of time, it hurts.

Weight Gain: Much to my surprise (and delight, honestly), I lost a pound this week bringing me in at +38. 

Sleep: Snoring less (woohoo!) with the washing away of much of the pollen. Hubby is very thankful. I am up all the time at night for the tinkle breaks though. Still have zero trouble falling back asleep. (But my mama will tell you, I've always been her child that loves sleep the most.)


We woke up like this one morning. Not unusual, but love when Tina uses the pillow like a human. And the paw on her dad...we could not handle her cuteness. And today (4/21 as I'm writing this), my due date, is her birthday! Happy 6th birthday to our tiny little tina pup!!!!!! 

Workouts: Hilliard Studio Method x 7. I wanted to go out with a bang. (So come on, Nancy!)
I also went on a 3.5 mile walk yesterday and a shorter walk after dinner the night before that. Trying to "walk the baby out." (It's not working.)


HSM Instagram 
39w6d at HSM -- so thankful to be able to work out through my whole pregnancy. It seriously makes me feel sane. The endorphin release is real.

Maternity Clothes: Continued mixing and matching for spring. Trying to give my maternity clothes one last rendezvous though before I pack them away for a couple years! :)


Symptoms: Same things: The grunting when flipping from one side to the other at night. The urge to not want to pick up something off of the ground. Pressure on my pubic bone. And especially SO MANY bathroom breaks day and night. Oh, and I finally experienced my first Braxton Hicks. 

As of my last doctor's appointment on Friday, I was 1.5cm and 80-90% effaced.

Cravings/Aversions: No. I enjoyed an indulgent afternoon snack with my Mimi the other day though. We spent much of the day together just one-on-one. So special to soak up time with that precious woman!


Sunflour Baking Company - if you're in CLT, go here!
My blondie cupcake and dirty (1/2 dark choc 1/2 white choc syrup) half calf coffee were out of this world.

Also I had this for lunch and dinner yesterday.

Missing Most: ?! I'm ready to meet this girl!!! I know I'll miss our first baby when I'm in the hospital. We celebrated her 6th birthday yesterday with a trip to the toy store (AKA Pets Mart). Mark and I are anticipating the dynamic of the Tina/Nancy relationship...


Tiny tina the birthday beana!

Nursery: Nonexistent :)

Hubby: Installed the car seat bases. Treated me to a gorgeous push present. And for the past few days has left the house for work telling me to try to go into labor. (Ha!) He talks to her and says, "Come on, Nancy! We're all ready to meet you!!!"  I am enjoying the many texts throughout the day asking if anything is happening. All of the family is excited and ready to meet our Nancy, but no one is as pumped and ready as her daddy. 

Can't Wait For: My doctor's appointment tomorrow. Meeting our baby girl. Cannot wait to kiss that face!!!! So soon. Come on, baby!


Our Announcement | Weeks 4-12  | Week 13 | Week 14 | Week 15 | Week 16 | Week 17 | Week 18 | Weeks 19 and 20 | Week 21 | Week 22 | Week 23 | Week 24 and 25 | Week 26 | Week 27 | Week 28 | Week 29 | Week 30 | Week 31 | Week 32 | Week 33 | Nancy's Fancy Tea Party | Week 34 | Week 35 | Moved + Nested |  Week 36 | Week 37 | Week 38 | Week 39 | Week 40

No comments:

Post a Comment