Monday, April 20, 2015

(Maybe?) Our Last Weekend Pre-Nancy

Only the good Lord knows if this truly was our last weekend pre-Nancy or not. I very well could go 41+ weeks. Who knows! But just in case...we treated it as our last "just us" weekend. Regardless, I'm so glad we did because it sure was lovely!

FRIDAY
Marky got off work a little early, and I met him at Diamonds Direct to pick out a push present (and take advantage of their twice a year 20% off sale). Perfect timing, right?! The store was jam packed...straight up bumpin' before 5pm with catered food, drinks, decorations everywhere, and a 45 minute wait list. We wound up waiting over 45 minutes to be seen, but we just sat on the couch and happily chatted. Our patience paid off (literally) because we got an extra 5% off for it! Cheers to that!

I knew I wanted another band that looked completely different from my wedding band, as this one is for a different occasion. I wound up picking the same band Mark had chosen for me during his lunch break. I like that we both decided on the same thing without even meaning to do so -- that made it even more special. Also - diamonds are Nancy's birthstone, sooo... ;) Fancy Nancy indeed.

39 weeks 3 Days 
My sista snapped this family picture for us before we headed out on the town. I wore an old Susana Monaco dress of my mama's...Susana Monaco is great for pregnancy. Mark looked so handsome. Loved his outfit that he picked out by himself. Well done, hubby! Yow! :) Tina, per usual, looked quite pupalicous.

For dinner we headed to one of our most favorite Charlotte restaurants (that was also the venue of our rehearsal dinner!), Dressler's. We opted to sit outside and enjoy the band, crisp, cool air, and skyline view of our home. [CLT folks - There is an awesome Living Social deal going on there right now! Snag it!]

Jam band + Dressler's patio view

Home sweet home, Charlotte, North Carolina

The living social deal allowed us to order 2 apps, 1 shared salad, 2 entrees, and 1 dessert. We had every intention of eating all of the food, but we both made it home with to go boxes. There was just too much goodness. :) We ordered thai peanut calamari, crab dip, the "wedgie" salad, NY strip with fries, duck (random, but I went for it!) with the best mac & cheese I've ever tasted, and key lime pie. Man, oh man. 

Cheers to this hot Daddy-to-be!

SATURDAY
We didn't sleep most of that night. Mom's AC was out upstairs, and I was up almost every hour with a tiny puppy crying and scratching her ear (and prepping me for baby, I know). Our baby girl pup got her first ear infection. I took her to the vet as soon as it opened on Saturday morning. I was so thankful that this happened before Nancy's arrival so I could give our first baby all of the mama loving and snuggles she deserved. Apparently pups can grow into allergies? Amelia has never had them before, and now she has some medicine for hear ear and steroids. Bless her tinypup heart!

Sick puppy in the kitchen. Broke my heart!

 Sadpup snuggles with Daddy. She was pitiful. Our sweet first baby!

We spent much of the day with our sick little pup. Marky and I installed the car seat bases in our cars, so we are ready to bring Nancy home from the hospital. (Crazy! That was a very "this is real" feeling moment.) I also managed to make a mani-pedi date with my mommy and sissy happen. I'm not one to splurge on my nails--I'm the gal who prefers to save the bucks and paint them myself--but I decided that this was a pretty darn special occasion. :) Us three Davis girls had a grand time together. I chose neon pink for Nancy's arrival.


SUNDAY
Since we made it to church on Saturday night, Sunday was perfectly lazy. I did manage to squeeze in a 9:30 workout at Hilliard because it's my favorite class -- bands & gams. I just love it. And then the rain led me to Starbucks afterwards...

Cheers to a rainy, rainy, rainy day of rest and relaxation! Just what the Sabbath is for!!

And now, we wait. Tomorrow is my due date, but homegirl has consistently measured about 4 days behind through my entire pregnancy. Maybe she'll come sometime this week. Maybe next weekend. Maybe on Hopey's bday! And, goodness knows, maybe I'll hit 41 weeks. Time will tell. Stay tuned! Until then...we're bursting at the seams knowing we get to meet our baby girl face to face SO STINKIN' SOON!!! Mark keeps saying, "Hurry up, Nancy. We're all ready to meet you!" There is wonderful joy ahead indeed...God is good. He is so, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment